Very upset ipad 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Tso

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Call me a cry baby if you want but to come out with a fourth gen iPad now is a slap in the face to ipad 3 owners. I'll never buy another ipad. This is Android-esq.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised that the line up goes iPad mini, iPad 2, then 4th gen? I thought they would discontinue the iPad 2

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I feel kind of "screwed" but its technology. Honestly, I'm sitting here thinking that it may not be something to get worried about. Lightning port? Not a big deal for me. Twice the power? My iPad is fast enough as it is already. I don't play all of those fancy 3D games on my iPad.

In fact, my next big purchase to compliment my iphone and iPad would be a MacBook.

Sit back and enjoy what you have right now because when you are ready to upgrade you will have the latest and greatest, again.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
With the resolution of the ipad mini being the same, there's no reason to discontinue the ipad 2.

- - - Updated - - -

With the resolution of the ipad mini being the same, there's no reason to discontinue the ipad 2.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Call me a cry baby if you want but to come out with a fourth gen iPad now is a slap in the face to ipad 3 owners. I'll never buy another ipad. This is Android-esq.

OK... you're a crybaby. Never buy another Apple product. That'll show 'em. Go get yourself an Android phone. And a tablet. And then go whine about the forums of Android Central.

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I love my 3. It was a good purchase and still is and I'm not quite sure why people are so wound up about an improved version. I don't upgrade every year, maybe I'm the weirdo? (In fact, I still love my iPhone 4.) The only time I get frustrated is when a major iOS feature isn't available on my current device, but Apple's been pretty good about that.

- - - Updated - - -

I love my 3. It was a good purchase and still is and I'm not quite sure why people are so wound up about an improved version. I don't upgrade every year, maybe I'm the weirdo? (In fact, I still love my iPhone 4.) The only time I get frustrated is when a major iOS feature isn't available on my current device, but Apple's been pretty good about that.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Time keeps on movin' movin' movin' ... into the future ~Steve Miller Band

Maybe a bit disappointing, but tell me why the iPad (3 gen) that you were happy with when you woke up this morning is now suddenly not acceptable? The fact that Apple announced a new iPad should have NO BEARING on the usability and/or satisfaction with the device that you already own.

Don't get caught up in that game... you will never win. It's like I tell my wife, no matter how fast you drive, there will ALWAYS be someone in front of you... same thing applies here.

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Hasn't the iPad 3 been around for a little while. I just started getting into Apple products more (more than just an iPhone) this Summer but I believe they refreshed it in March and called it the New iPad. It wasn't a new generation. I kind of thought the writing was on the wall then. Now... it's the iPad 4. Really not a big deal unless you want the latest and greatest available. The iPad 3 is amazing as it is. It works fine! It's just the next generation is better! Kind of like buying a Corvette now and then GM will be introducing the new model the beginning of next year. Things change. Get what is good for you!

I'm glad that I returned my iPad 3 on Friday (had 2 days left). I had a feeling there was going to be a change and this is much more than I expected. But for me, I like having the latest and greatest. And after hearing the specs, I told myself that it's something that I'll have for awhile.

I guess Craigslist and eBay will have a lot of used iPads listed in 3, 2, 1...

- - - Updated - - -

Hasn't the iPad 3 been around for a little while. I just started getting into Apple products more (more than just an iPhone) this Summer but I believe they refreshed it in March and called it the New iPad. It wasn't a new generation. I kind of thought the writing was on the wall then. Now... it's the iPad 4. Really not a big deal unless you want the latest and greatest available. The iPad 3 is amazing as it is. It works fine! It's just the next generation is better! Kind of like buying a Corvette now and then GM will be introducing the new model the beginning of next year. Things change. Get what is good for you!

I'm glad that I returned my iPad 3 on Friday (had 2 days left). I had a feeling there was going to be a change and this is much more than I expected. But for me, I like having the latest and greatest. And after hearing the specs, I told myself that it's something that I'll have for awhile.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The 3rd gen is discontinued. They wouldn't keep it if the 4th has better specs and keep it at the same price point.

- - - Updated - - -

The 3rd gen is discontinued. They wouldn't keep it if the 4th has better specs and keep it at the same price point.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Since March, 2012.

Last edited:

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
It's like they are updating the iPads like the computers now. - twice a year (if i'm correct)

I purchased an iPad3/new iPad on release date... I assume an iPad5 will be out in March/April and I'll get that. Only real difference is lightening. my iPad isn't slow in the least, so I'm not worried about speed.

A bit upset that a new one is out so quickly, and my version considered a 'stop gap,' but it's still better than the iPad2, has retina display and the same iOS features.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My iPad 2 is still getting the job done and I have no intentions of replacing it any time soon unless it goes kaput on me.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It's like they are updating the iPads like the computers now. - twice a year (if i'm correct)

I purchased an iPad3/new iPad on release date... I assume an iPad5 will be out in March/April and I'll get that. Only real difference is lightening. my iPad isn't slow in the least, so I'm not worried about speed.

A bit upset that a new one is out so quickly, and my version considered a 'stop gap,' but it's still better than the iPad2, has retina display and the same iOS features.

Again, why the hand wringing? The 3rd gen is a perfectly acceptable device... still works exactly as well as it did this morning at 9:59 am PDT... the existence of a new device doesn't make the 3rd gen any less usable.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm still good with my iPad 2. I would consider upgrading if I had the 1st generation. I can't justify owning 2.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still good with my iPad 2. I would consider upgrading if I had the 1st generation. I can't justify owning 2.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If they bumped up the specs and didn't call it the 4th gen, I don't think it would get the same negative reaction
that I expect it to get in the coming days.

I'm cool with my iPad 3. A6X would be cool though. But, my iPad 3 works just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

If they bumped up the specs and didn't call it the 4th gen, I don't think it would get the same negative reaction
that I expect it to get in the coming days.

I'm cool with my iPad 3. A6X would be cool though. But, my iPad 3 works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods