So now we all know how Android owners feel
    Yup...Yup.... Go to Android!!! Hello Moto....Driod 30 coming soon... iPad 1st Gen still running strong is a testament to the longevity and quality of product.....
    10-23-2012 07:46 PM
    It actually is a 4th generation iPad... ( as in iPad, iPad 2, the New iPad and 4th gen iPad )..
    This is a very decent upgrade that would've been perfectly fine for a March - April release.
    I would appreciate any links about this rumors other than the ones talking about the connector?? I read five or six different tech sites on a daily basis but i probably missed it, rumors about a new processor and the new features of the iPad as well , thanks
    The only rumors I saw about the 4th gen iPad was a minor upgrade to the lightning connector and LTE covering more countries.
    10-23-2012 07:50 PM
    The only rumors I saw about the 4th gen iPad was a minor upgrade to the lightning connector and LTE covering more countries.
    Exactly... We had way more than that today.
    General Tso likes this.
    10-23-2012 07:57 PM
    Exactly... not quite what we saw today.
    I read many tech blogs most days and the processor upgrade was never mentioned.
    Guacho and General Tso like this.
    10-23-2012 07:58 PM
    iPad 4 rules!!!!!
    10-23-2012 08:20 PM
    Gotta get my Pre order in for a 4th Gen iPad..... I hear it's way better than iPad 3.....Like Ultra fast
    10-23-2012 08:21 PM
    I still Luv my iPad 1st Gen.... it works fine....Does what it said it would. To the Cry Babies" Get over it" you care more about saying you have latest ipad rather than the tech.....A Connector and Processor is the difference....What's the big deal...
    My point is, it's about value for your money. When you're paying $500+ for a product, They should stick to a yearly refresh. Some people purchase Apple products for the resale value as well. It allows you to upgrade yearly at a fraction of the cost. Now that they have done this, the value of the 3 will be much lower. If they wanna change to a fall update rather than spring, then they should have hinted to that and dropped the price. To me, It's a big FU to their customers. Again, this is my opinion only. I doesn't matter in the grand scheme.

- - - Updated - - -

With Android, at least you know going in that the next one could be released tomorrow. Also Android costs less and will resell for less but you know that upfront. Apple used to have a higher standard.

- - - Updated - - -

So now we all know how Android owners feel
    And that's not a good thing. That's my point.
    10-23-2012 08:25 PM
    We all should have seen this coming. Apple was running a promo for a $50 itunes credit if you purchased and ipad 3 by September 22, 2012
    This keeps you out of the 30 day return window

It is disapointing that they introduce a new iOS 6 but the old processors can not seem to handle. I am wondering how long it would have taken Apple to decide to change the processor on the ipad, knowing that the old processor could not handle the new iOS6
    10-23-2012 08:38 PM
    I must say I'm a little mad about the 4th gen iPad. Not because my 3rd is all of a sudden bad, it's not. I also don't care about the plug or the processor. What bites the most is the sudden and unexpected drop in the resale value of my 3rd. I hope that apple is not ditching their annual release cycle as that would suck considering their premium pricing. I hope they are just doing this to shift all their product refresh cycles to the fall, in time for the holidays.
    gvndeb60 likes this.
    10-23-2012 08:43 PM
    I'm going to try to order online again and if that doesn't work, I'll be doing another overnight at the Apple Store again. I might even get inline now!
    10-23-2012 09:25 PM
    I must say I'm a little mad about the 4th gen iPad. Not because my 3rd is all of a sudden bad, it's not. I also don't care about the plug or the processor. What bites the most is the sudden and unexpected drop in the resale value of my 3rd. I hope that apple is not ditching their annual release cycle as that would suck considering their premium pricing. I hope they are just doing this to shift all their product refresh cycles to the fall, in time for the holidays.
    This is exactly why I am upset. My 3rd gen is still great and I am happy with it. I only care about resell value, we pay a premium for higher quality and longer life spans but also get higher resell values in return. The exact opposite is true of Android, something new is coming out every week and your $500 tablet is worth $250 at best in 2 weeks.

This is just my opinion, Apple doesn't owe me anything, and I will still continue to purchase their products because they are hands down superior. But for people saying we are crybabies, put your money where your mouth is. If you care so little about what version you have, buy the new 64gb in black and send it to me. I will send you my mint 64gb 3rd gen. Even trade, c'mon, someone try to teach me a lesson!
    pupperdog likes this.
    10-23-2012 09:52 PM
    10-23-2012 09:55 PM
    hyperbole. Cnet trolling for hits. That's all that is. An iPad3 will not totally cease functioning upon the release of the 4th gen iPad... and that's what would have to happen to make that bit of journalistic rubbish anywhere near factual.
    Fausty82 and BreakingKayfabe like this.
    10-23-2012 10:01 PM
    CNET got put on Blast on SNL for Whining...... Wah... Wah...Wah.... I can't show of my new iPad cause it became old in 6months.... It works the same as it did this morning... Get over it.....
    10-23-2012 10:03 PM
    iPad 1st Gen Still Rules.....it still Magical like Steve told me
    10-23-2012 10:05 PM
    Rene Ritchie today on twitter...

Unless Apple came into your house and smashed your iPad 3, they didn’t “screw you”. They released a better product you don’t have to buy.
    kch50428 and DaPhoneking like this.
    10-23-2012 10:06 PM
    I look at it this way- I got my 3 on release day and still love it. I can still use the same cables, docking stations etc and don't have to worry about getting adapters ( which apple can't keep up with) or cables. I'm good. I guess the new iPad cycle is gonna be fall now.
    Fausty82 and Apple4ever2011 like this.
    10-23-2012 10:08 PM
    Worst case scenario let's say you bought the iPad 3 on Sep 22nd, it'll run ios6 which is the latest OS for about 11 months, I'm sure it'll work perfectly fine for 12 more months with ios7 ,that'll be around Sep 2014, the lifespan of this device is not suddenly going to decrease just because there's a new one out there, this is just a psycological issue, the innability of keeping up with technology and the belief that we absolutely have to own the latest.
    10-23-2012 10:19 PM
    I can assure you, I am not a troll. The mod can remove that link if they want. I was not aware that CNET wasn't liked here.

- - - Updated - - -

It's about value for your money. That's it. The value of the item just went to sh**.
    CNET Was liked.... But it's not what it was....Molly Wood and Brain Tong are all that's left.... Everyone is gone!!!
    10-23-2012 10:29 PM
    No, Apple didn't come into your house and smash your ipad 3. They simply lowered the stock price on it 6 months early. ROI took a hit as well.

Keep in mind that's not a complaint, that's just how tech is...even when you think it's somewhat predictable.

But let's move on. The Lightning connector needed to be done asap. Apple most likely had this in mind already, hence the name "ipad" and moving to refreshes.

As for doing this in response to MS and windows 8? RT is garbage. The reviews have confirmed what anyone with half a brain knew months ago. I'd rather use the original ipad than fool with that RT nonsense. And since windows RT is garbage, then why would anyone want it on their desktop via windows 8?

Anyone who's kept up knew an ipad refresh was coming. I waited until now to replace the ipad I sold a few months ago (wanting a verizon one instead). I'm tempted to get an ipad 3 refurb. The ipad mini looks interesting but I left the experience of using tablets with fuzzy text behind. An ipad mini is a step back. But the geek in me wants the faster processor as well as that was a minor concern when I had the ipad 3. I'll get an ipad 4.
    10-23-2012 10:38 PM
    iPad 4gen Rules!!!
    10-24-2012 12:31 AM
    iPad 3 owners who aren't updating to iPad 4 may get the last laugh in March/April if they drop iPad 5 then. Lol that would be priceless. (And magical
    10-24-2012 01:27 AM
    iPad 3 owners who aren't updating to iPad 4 may get the last laugh in March/April if they drop iPad 5 then. Lol that would be priceless. (And magical
    I'll wait for Retina mini....we all know its coming.... yet I'm sure everyone will Cry then too....LoL
    10-24-2012 01:34 AM
    Cleaning up posts. Keep it friendly. Only warning.
    10-24-2012 02:10 AM
    Cleaning up posts. Keep it friendly. Only warning.
    It's hard to when the guy is obviously trolling and trying to "push peoples buttons".
    10-24-2012 02:13 AM
247 ... 23456 ...