Gmail 2step verification

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
So someone happened to make a Facebook account with my personal, non social media email so I activated the google 2 step verification which requires password and code that gets text to my mobile phone. But since then the account in my mail app won't load up. I just get a prompt telling me my username and password is wrong and to go to Settings but there isn't an option to verify it.

Anyone know of a fix?

Thanks in advance

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So someone happened to make a Facebook account with my personal, non social media email so I activated the google 2 step verification which requires password and code that gets text to my mobile phone. But since then the account in my mail app won't load up. I just get a prompt telling me my username and password is wrong and to go to Settings but there isn't an option to verify it.

Anyone know of a fix?

Thanks in advance

Yes, you need to enter the 16 character verification password that you received when you applied for the 2-step verification process.

Last edited:

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I did through chrome but in the mail app settings there's no place to put that. I'm usually good at figuring this stuff out lol.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks but I have a 5 day old newborn who's up for feeding every 2 to 3 hours so I'll try lol

Been there, done that, my friend. Congratulations on your newborn and may he or she brings you a great deal of joy and, by all means, be thankful. Have a great night. ;)

Just Me, D

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
You can also download google authenticator for your iPhone to avoid the text. It can be used with other apps also.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73