No Passbook for iPad on IOS6??

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I just finished loading IOS6 on my ipad and I dont see Passbook anywhere. Also i dont think we have voice turn by turn directions.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I saw the same thing.

I'm loving the new Clock... but I'm upset about no Passbook and also no YouTube. (and the YouTube app on app store is for iPhone/iPod only as of now...)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If someone in front of me at Starbucks pulled out an iPad to pay, I'd laugh so hard his screen would crack.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I just finished loading IOS6 on my ipad and I dont see Passbook anywhere. Also i dont think we have voice turn by turn directions.

The footnote on Apple's website has changed. Before it simply said Turn by Turn was available on iPad 2 and later. Now it says the following...

"Turn-by-turn navigation is available only on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPad 2 or later with cellular data capability. Flyover is available only on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2 or later, and iPod touch (5th generation). Cellular data charges may apply."

So my iPad 3 using a MiFi (or other hotspot) + a bluetooth GPS receiver (like the one I have by Dual) does not get Turn by Turn. Ah well, I like Navigon better anyway, lol.

Luckally, they did NOT remove the ability to use external bluetooth GPS receivers from non-Cellular iPads.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
iPad didn't get a few things, there's no Panorama either. I guess for people who have an iPad but no iPhone it might seem weird. I'm not sure why some of the features wouldn't be on the iPad. I understand Passbook would be useless but Panorama? Turn by Turn?

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Those apps/features aren't on there because that's not what an iPad is primarily designed for. It's not a 'mobile' device like an iPhone is, which just goes in your pocket & can be taken out & conveniently scanned in a couple of seconds. ............. & as above, if I saw someone scanning an iPad in Starbucks or at an airport gate, I'd probably laugh until I reduced the person to tears.

Daniel Gaming freak

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
you will see your entire Passbook cards from the iphone app using passbook on iOS 6. Yet when you delete it, there is absolutely no solution to observe cards you could have utilised and at what time. There is absolutely no log information into Passbook that you can discover passes you have used

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I see absolutely no use for Passbook on an iPad... If I'm in line at Sephora and someone whips out their iPad, I'm LOL'ING or as others said trying to board a plane quickly and have to wait for someone to pull out an iPad? Umm no..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR