New to iPad3. Downloaded new music from iTunes to iPad3 and now can't figure out how to get the new music onto my iPhone4s. I did a iCloud backup afterwards and made sure that automatic downloads is on with both devices. HELP!
    09-10-2012 08:04 PM
    New to iPad3. Downloaded new music from iTunes to iPad3 and now can't figure out how to get the new music onto my iPhone4s. I did a iCloud backup afterwards and made sure that automatic downloads is on with both devices. HELP!
    Are you connected to Wi-Fi and are both devices configured with the same Apple ID?
    09-10-2012 09:13 PM
    Yes both are in wi-fi and using the same Apple ID. I set up my ipad3 using iCloud this past weekend and all went well. Today I bought 4 songs thru iTunes on my iPad and thought they would sync to my phone when I did a backup but they didnt. The new songs show in the "purchased" part in iTunes and are downloaded but I can't get them onto my iPhone 4s now.
    09-10-2012 09:20 PM
    Yes both are in wi-fi and using the same Apple ID. I set up my ipad3 using iCloud this past weekend and all went well. Today I bought 4 songs thru iTunes on my iPad and thought they would sync to my phone when I did a backup but they didnt. The new songs show in the "purchased" part in iTunes and are downloaded but I can't get them onto my iPhone 4s now.
    If you are connected to a computer and using the computer's iTunes app, a sync should transfer them to your device, but wouldn't it be easier to do it directly from the iPhone itself? Just initiate the iTunes app on your iPhone. The songs should appear in the "purchased" section and you should be able to click on the little cloud icon next to the items to download them.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 09-11-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    09-10-2012 09:46 PM
    Thank you so much for the help. I didn't realize I had to open iTunes on my phone and download. I assumed they would automatically download onto my phone from the iPad. Thanks again!
    09-11-2012 10:53 AM
    Thank you so much for the help. I didn't realize I had to open iTunes on my phone and download. I assumed they would automatically download onto my phone from the iPad. Thanks again!
    You're very welcome and yes, if you have it set up correctly, whatever you purchase on one device *should* automatically download on your others. The auto-download option you mentioned in one of your previous posts should be enabled on all of your applicable devices. Note that the auto-download process isn't always immediate. Also, iOS 6 may be released to us tomorrow and hopefully any and all previous glitches will be corrected.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 09-11-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    09-11-2012 11:38 AM
    Now that I have the new music on my phone, how do I get it into a premade playlist? Do I have to connect to iTunes again and put the new music in the playlist there and if so will that mess up with my iCloud backup?
    09-11-2012 12:10 PM
    Now that I have the new music on my phone, how do I get it into a premade playlist? Do I have to connect to iTunes again and put the new music in the playlist there and if so will that mess up with my iCloud backup?
    Initiate the Music app on your iPhone. Select your playlist. Select "Edit" at the top right corner of the screen. Select "Add Songs". When you're finished, select "Done".
    09-11-2012 12:15 PM
    Yes! It worked..................thank you soooooooo much for all your help...........
    09-11-2012 12:21 PM
    Yes! It worked..................thank you soooooooo much for all your help...........
    You're very welcome. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day..
    09-11-2012 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD