2 Good and Bad things about the new iPad

Sky12

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Since I have never had a iPad and iPad 3 being my first I was really disappointed in a few things and amazed in a few so heres my list:

Good things:
1. I really like the Retina Display.When I look at an iPad 2 I really think that iPad 3 is sharper and bolder.

2. The words have gotten more clearer and bolder more for the reader to read a clearer text.

Well thats all I can say about the new iPad but this is where it gets bumpy

Bad things:
1. Whats with the hotness?My iPad heats up after playing for just 45-50 minutes Seriously?

2. Before the iPad 3 came out I was hoping for more GB not just 16, 32, 64 GB I was hoping it would go up to 100 or 115 because but that depends on your choice, for me 16,32 and 64 is not enough.

( Well i'm sorry for any thing you guys found un accurate or un appropriate )

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
First of all, never be afraid to state your opinion. Some people will agree with you and some people will not. That's just the way it is. I've stated on numerous occasions that the new iPad is a heckuva device and the retina display is absolutely gorgeous to view, but the improvements of the new iPad wasn't enough for *me* to justify upgrading from my iPad 2. People have complained about the new iPad becoming "hot" after a time and I recall reading articles stating the same, but I don't recall why some got hot and some did not. According to a recent article I read, Apple employees have been instructed to not use the term, "hot"...lol...Anyway, as for the storage sizes, I have a 16 GB model and that is more than enough. I don't store music and videos on my iPad so 16 GB is plenty, but other people, including yourself, prefer more storage, even more 64 GB. To each his or her own. Anyway, I appreciate reading your review. Take care and have a great Weekend and Labor Day holiday. ;)

Last edited:

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Since I have never had a iPad and iPad 3 being my first I was really disappointed in a few things and amazed in a few so heres my list:

Good things:
1. I really like the Retina Display.When I look at an iPad 2 I really think that iPad 3 is sharper and bolder.

2. The words have gotten more clearer and bolder more for the reader to read a clearer text.

Well thats all I can say about the new iPad but this is where it gets bumpy

Bad things:
1. Whats with the hotness?My iPad heats up after playing for just 45-50 minutes Seriously?

2. Before the iPad 3 came out I was hoping for more GB not just 16, 32, 64 GB I was hoping it would go up to 100 or 115 because but that depends on your choice, for me 16,32 and 64 is not enough.

( Well i'm sorry for any thing you guys found un accurate or un appropriate )

I've never had this over heating issue that you are talking of, but maybe I don't hammer the device like some users. Maybe it's the quad core graphics chip that makes it get hot, as this never used to be a reported problem with the iPad 2.

What you must remember is that it is a very compact device and air flow is needed to keep it working at a sensible temperature. For example my laptop at home, if I leave it working away sat on my carpet floor it will overheat and shut down on its own. So I bought a stand for a few pounds and it's fine.

For me coming from a very much pc Microsoft background I think the whole iOS and iCloud syncing experience, etc with the iPad and iPhone is just amazing and so easy to use for all the new users coming to the scene. Even my Mum and Dad who are 57 and 67 have I devices.

Yeah, there are a few things that I would like to change. But I get around a lot of that via jailbreaking.

But like justme'd said. Everyone is entitled to there opinion. Personally I can't knock my set up at all. I'm purchasing an apple tv box next weekend and what I here about that, will confirm how much more I rate my whole setup.

64 gig is enough for me, but I know a lot of users like to lose the DVD collection and add to iTunes. In which was more memory would be great and I guess we all know in the future we will see more, like 128 gig and 256 gig.

Enjoy your machine buddy! 😉

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got the new iPad, and it is my first iPad as well. It does get hot but every mobile product does so I'm use to it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the information mate.
But just asking don't you think apple should've at least extended to 115GB?

Personally, it's a non-issue, but I'm not sure how many *non-techy* type iPhone/iPad owners complain about the need for more than 64 GB of storage. I would prefer they build a device with removable storage, but I don't see that happening.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Personally, it's a non-issue, but I'm not sure how many *non-techy* type iPhone/iPad owners complain about the need for more than 64 GB of storage. I would prefer they build a device with removable storage, but I don't see that happening.

That would be the best idea.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I was just going to post a question about storage but I guess we can cover it here. I'll soon be purchasing my first iPad and trying to figure out how much storage I should get. I can tell you that I won't be doing this or I won't be doing that with it but... I don't know. I use my iPhone 4 a lot when I'm not sitting in front of my desktop. Phones are everything now, it's a phone, a flashlight. a tool to communicate with friend and family, a camera and you can look up pretty much anything in seconds. Plus it can do a whole lot more! You guys know all that :) Anyway, I may use my iPad for things that I've never thought of but I guess I'll find out when the time comes. I'll probably have some games on it, for myself and my kids. They will love playing on it and also watching what they are doing on Apple TV. If anything, I might have a 1-3 movies stored but it won't be used much for that. DirecTV Anywhere will have me covered most of the time. Some pictures but not many, I have a regular camera that I use for the important stuff. No music stored, Pandora takes care of that. Right now I'm tossing options of either 16 or 32GB (have been leaning towards 32). My 16GB iPhone still has storage available.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was just going to post a question about storage but I guess we can cover it here. I'll soon be purchasing my first iPad and trying to figure out how much storage I should get. I can tell you that I won't be doing this or I won't be doing that with it but... I don't know. I use my iPhone 4 a lot when I'm not sitting in front of my desktop. Phones are everything now, it's a phone, a flashlight. a tool to communicate with friend and family, a camera and you can look up pretty much anything in seconds. Plus it can do a whole lot more! You guys know all that :) Anyway, I may use my iPad for things that I've never thought of but I guess I'll find out when the time comes. I'll probably have some games on it, for myself and my kids. They will love playing on it and also watching what they are doing on Apple TV. If anything, I might have a 1-3 movies stored but it won't be used much for that. DirecTV Anywhere will have me covered most of the time. Some pictures but not many, I have a regular camera that I use for the important stuff. No music stored, Pandora takes care of that. Right now I'm tossing options of either 16 or 32GB (have been leaning towards 32). My 16GB iPhone still has storage available.

I'm willing to argue that you will continue to use your iPhone more than you will your iPad and if you still have plenty of storage left on your iPhone, it is safe to assume that you will have plenty left on your iPad when you get it. I watch college football via the WatchESPN app as well as movies via Netflix and certain podcast via the UStream app, however, none of the aforementioned affect my storage capacity because they are all streamed via the Internet. So my 16 GB iPad 2 is plenty for me For those who are investing in Apple TV, wouldn't the movies and shows from it also be streamed and not be stored? Of course, there will be exceptions. In regard to music, I'd like to think that a majority would rather store it on their smartphones than on their tablets and it may be the same for photos. I've had my iPad 2 for over a year and I have yet to take a photo with it with the exception of a screenshot. Again, everyone is different and will use their devices differently, but how many people truly *need* more than 64 GB on their iPad?

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm willing to argue that you will continue to use your iPhone more than you will your iPad and if you still have plenty of storage left on your iPhone, it is safe to assume that you will have plenty left on your iPad when you get it. I watch college football via the WatchESPN app as well as movies via Netflix and certain podcast via the UStream app, however, none of the aforementioned affect my storage capacity because they are all streamed via the Internet. So my 16 GB iPad 2 is plenty for me For those who are investing in Apple TV, wouldn't the movies and shows from it also be streamed and not be stored? Of course, there will be exceptions. In regard to music, I'd like to think that a majority would rather store it on their smartphones than on their tablets and it may be the same for photos. I've had my iPad 2 for over a year and I have yet to take a photo with it with the exception of a screenshot. Again, everyone is different and will use their devices differently, but how many people truly *need* more than 64 GB on their iPad?

Based on that usage, how much data do you use per month? That is the next thing that I'm trying to figure out. How much data I'll be using I have WiFi at home but... I may be more likely to watch things away from home.

Thanks and sorry to stray a little off of the OP's original questions.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Based on that usage, how much data do you use per month? That is the next thing that I'm trying to figure out. How much data I'll be using I have WiFi at home but... I may be more likely to watch things away from home.

Thanks and sorry to stray a little off of the OP's original questions.

My iPad is Wi-Fi Only, but during the months where I didn't have Wi-Fi, I was still averaging under 2 GB of data usage with my iPhone and I am always using it. Now, however, I'm almost always on Wi-Fi with both devices and therefore, I don't even come close to my allotted 2 GB. When I bought my iPad, I thought I'd be carrying it around with me everywhere I go like I do my iPhone, but that has not been the case. Maybe if it were a 3G model, things would be different, but I doubt it. It can be cumbersome to hold with one hand at times and viewing it in direct sunlight is a pain.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2