Why can't I send an iMessage from my iPad? I've done all the set up, turned on and off iMessage, etc. The iphone I'm trying to text to is on a month to month through Rogers because we're from out of country. He's using a local SIM card. I'm using wifi on my ipad (i dont gave 3G) Does the other party need to have Internet access other than wifi?
    08-31-2012 08:58 PM
    Why can't I send an iMessage from my iPad? I've done all the set up, turned on and off iMessage, etc. The iphone I'm trying to text to is on a month to month through Rogers because we're from out of country. He's using a local SIM card. I'm using wifi on my ipad (i dont gave 3G) Does the other party need to have Internet access other than wifi?
    Does the recipient have iMessage and have it enabled? Yes, the recipient must be able to send & receive data, whether via Wi-Fi or 3G.
    08-31-2012 09:16 PM
    So you are using WiFi and he is using a Rogers data plan? If so then it should work. Make sure he has it turned on. As long as your phone can send/receive data you can use iMessage.
    09-04-2012 05:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD