iPad 3 9.7inch is Better than 7.7 ! So buy an iPad now and not after that you are going to wait for the iPad 4 !
    08-24-2012 08:33 AM
    I can't wait. What do you think of the rumor about the mini coming out in October and Apple's Sept 12 event being ONLY iPhone with a separate event for the mini later on?
    If that's the case Apple has made changes from what was originally planned. Stay tuned, iMore I'm sure is digging.
    08-24-2012 09:29 AM
    How exciting. Gosh it's hard not to go out and grab that iPad.
    08-24-2012 10:53 AM
    How exciting. Gosh it's hard not to go out and grab that iPad.
    If it were me, personally, I'd wait a bit and see how things shake out in the next month or so.
    Xm_jdm likes this.
    08-24-2012 05:07 PM
    There will be a new iPad before Xmas. What Apple plans to do after that, is anyone's guess as the new one disrupts the March(ish) release.
    Hmmmm.... intriguing. I wonder what they can add or change now in the next new iPad....
    08-24-2012 06:06 PM
    I hope with the next iteration of 9.7 iPads they increase the storage size.....
    08-24-2012 06:13 PM
    I hope with the next iteration of 9.7 iPads they increase the storage size.....
    I haven't got an idea of what exactly is changing but I'm not so sure more storage would be one of them. With more and more things moving to the cloud these days it will be interesting what approach Apple takes.
    08-24-2012 06:28 PM
    I haven't got an idea of what exactly is changing but I'm not so sure more storage would be one of them. With more and more things moving to the cloud these days it will be interesting what approach Apple takes.
    True, but even still it would be nice to increase the storage size. With apps, books and videos exceeding 1GB, 16GB would definitely be not enough. Hell i'm almost blasting through my 64GB iPad. Give me a 128GB or something option, with the retina display and new dock connector and i'm happy.
    08-24-2012 06:41 PM
    True, but even still it would be nice to increase the storage size. With apps, books and videos exceeding 1GB, 16GB would definitely be not enough. Hell i'm almost blasting through my 64GB iPad. Give me a 128GB or something option, with the retina display and new dock connector and i'm happy.
    Could happen. Very possible.
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    08-24-2012 06:45 PM
    Well Tim Cook *did* say that 2012 is going to be an good year according to the iPad 3 keynote....
    08-24-2012 07:09 PM
    iPad 3 9.7inch is Better than 7.7 ! So buy an iPad now and not after that you are going to wait for the iPad 4 !
    Who said the 9.7" iPad is better than the 7.7" iPad? As far as the screen size goes, it's all a matter of preference.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    08-25-2012 07:54 AM
    Who said the 9.7" iPad is better than the 7.7" iPad? As far as the screen size goes, it's all a matter of preference.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Now if only the device makers thought this. I'd consider a smaller screen but only if it too is well built, sports a high res screen, and is up to par on internals such as processor and storage. But nope, we hear 8gb constantly mentioned.

If Apple cuts across the board though on specs, it won't hold much interest for me. But it'd be more suitable for the kids or the mainstream public who doesn't care.
    08-25-2012 09:10 AM
    Saw on CNET's AppleByte that they are going to refresh the current iPad 3 this fall to have the new dock connector. If this is true, anyone looking to get a new iPad may want to wait until then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    08-25-2012 10:34 AM
    Saw on CNET's AppleByte that they are going to refresh the current iPad 3 this fall to have the new dock connector. If this is true, anyone looking to get a new iPad may want to wait until then.

It'll be called the new iPad v.2.0. Remember to ask for it by name.
    08-25-2012 10:54 AM

I saw that. I also read about it again this morning on a couple of others sites. All the more reason to hold off...
    08-25-2012 12:19 PM
    When I buy something, I usually like to have the newest version/best one available. I know that doesn't last for long because there is always something better waiting in the wings.

I haven't thought much about the 7.7" version but, that one might actually be pretty good. Seeing that they want it to compete with some other pads on the market, I'd be surprised if it has everything that the current iPad has plus more. I've waiting this long. I guess I can hold out for another 2 1/2 weeks to see if anything is announced. If there isn't any good iPad info in that announcement, I'll be buying one that night!
    08-25-2012 04:56 PM
    ipad 3 or wait, actually this is really a queation for me for a long time. at last, i did not change my iPad, just because i know that it is good enough for me!
    08-26-2012 10:44 PM
    I've been doing a lot of research. TONS of info about the new iPhone. Pretty much new stuff posted daily. Some info about the iPad mini. Not a lot of details but basics. I haven't found anything about the full size iPad. I stopped into the local Apple store today and caressed one like it was our first date plus I asked questions like we were going steady. All ready for a serious relationship but I'd hate to hook up then have something better come a long a few weeks later.

The associate that I talked to said that they usually let you return/trade in your iPad if a new version comes out a few weeks later. Any experience with this or, any solid info on possibly an updated version coming out in the next month or so? I'm trying to wait but it's getting hard. Would be going with an iPad and Apple TV. My kids and myself will like playing games on that.
    08-27-2012 10:37 PM
    I've been doing a lot of research. TONS of info about the new iPhone. Pretty much new stuff posted daily. Some info about the iPad mini. Not a lot of details but basics. I haven't found anything about the full size iPad. I stopped into the local Apple store today and caressed one like it was our first date plus I asked questions like we were going steady. All ready for a serious relationship but I'd hate to hook up then have something better come a long a few weeks later.

The associate that I talked to said that they usually let you return/trade in your iPad if a new version comes out a few weeks later. Any experience with this or, any solid info on possibly an updated version coming out in the next month or so? I'm trying to wait but it's getting hard. Would be going with an iPad and Apple TV. My kids and myself will like playing games on that.
    You can do that, as long as it's within Apple's 14-day return policy.....
    08-28-2012 12:15 AM
    Honestly if your still rocking the original Ipad then I would get an Ipad 3. If you wre using an Ipad 2 then I would say wait till the next gen comes out.
    08-28-2012 02:03 AM
    I've had iPhones since they first came out but have never had an iPad. If a new one will be released in March, I'm good with that. If they update it early, like October, that would kind of suck if I buy one soon. My only reason for waiting.
    08-28-2012 10:44 AM
    I've had iPhones since they first came out but have never had an iPad. If a new one will be released in March, I'm good with that. If they update it early, like October, that would kind of suck if I buy one soon. My only reason for waiting.
    They won't be releasing a next gen iPad in October. March maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-28-2012 03:01 PM
    Just get the new one you will love it
    08-28-2012 06:23 PM
    Just read this on a different site (post is from 8/21) -

Apple is also rumored to be planning to launch a tweaked version of the full-size iPad as soon as next month, with some sources reporting that Apple will primarily be focused on shifting to the company's new, smaller dock connector standard alongside some minor internal changes that will be mostly invisible to users.

Update: We've heard a bit more from our reseller sources, who now share that the changes started rolling out three months ago but that Apple is just now pushing them out to the "V2" store locations. The reasoning behind the shift stems from the iPad accounting for 55% of dollar share and 61% of unit share among sales at the resellers but only representing 15% of display space. With the changes, the iPad will account for 45% of showroom space.
    09-01-2012 10:00 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD