View Poll Results: 10" or 7". What do you prefer?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10" Go big or go home.

35 51.47%
  • 7" I just want compact.

33 48.53%
    For the iPad, to me size matters. The new iPad is my most used device and I love the big screen. I will not even consider the 7" iPad. I think it's great if Apple does release it as some just want or smaller iPad. We all have our size preferences.

So what size would you rather have?
    08-16-2012 08:51 PM
    I prefer the current size of the iPad, however, I plan on getting the smaller version for my youngest son not long after it is released.
    08-16-2012 09:50 PM
    I personally don't want a change. I can see a 7-inch being good for my needs. Reading maybe but prefer my Kindle.

Sent from my iPad (New) using Tapatalk HD
    08-17-2012 12:45 AM
    Prefer mini iPad for portability; can fit into my bag easily. Right size for reading; easy to hold but iPad will need to place either on lap or desk to read comfortably.
    08-17-2012 01:51 AM
    I like the big 10 inch iPad. Part of the novelty of the iPad is that it's HUGE. A 7 inch iPad sounds like dog crap to me.
    08-17-2012 05:50 AM
    There's really 4 choices. 4" retina, 7", 10", and 10" retina. If I had to choose one, it's the 4" tablet. It's the most portable, right size for reading, browsing, watching video, or airplay, and fits in my pocket. It even does more with phone apps built in.

If for the kiddo? The cheap 7". I couldn't see spending close to 829 on one of these again.
    08-17-2012 07:16 AM
    I'd rather have the 9.7" screen that I have now with my iPad 3.
    Garz likes this.
    08-17-2012 08:53 AM
    There's a place for both in my life. I prefer my iPad for browsing, reading magazines, email, and using certain work related apps. 10" offers a more relaxed experience and a certain ease of use (touchpoints are way easier to hit). I use my PlayBook for when I'm traveling (I'm typing this from a hotel room as we speak), reading ebooks and gaming. It also has extra functionality via BlackBerry Bridge with my 9900 that I don't get with my iPad.

I can definitely see a market for a 7" iPad. Its small enough to be a functional tablet yet large enough so that you don't feel like you're using a large iPod touch. It's all about the tradeoffs between size vs portability.
    08-17-2012 11:05 AM
    There's a place for both in my life. I prefer my iPad for browsing, reading magazines, email, and using certain work related apps. 10" offers a more relaxed experience and a certain ease of use (touchpoints are way easier to hit). I use my PlayBook for when I'm traveling (I'm typing this from a hotel room as we speak), reading ebooks and gaming. It also has extra functionality via BlackBerry Bridge with my 9900 that I don't get with my iPad.

I can definitely see a market for a 7" iPad. Its small enough to be a functional tablet yet large enough so that you don't feel like you're using a large iPod touch. It's all about the tradeoffs between size vs portability.
    Well-stated, sir.

Just Me, D
    (iPad)
    08-17-2012 11:46 AM
    The 7.85" version I am sure will be nice but you will have to make sacrifices in terms of size and even use. Will they make 16GB-64GB versions or will it be kept at 16GB to or less to avoid cutting into the 9.7" iPad buyers?
    08-17-2012 12:53 PM
    I think the 10" is nice and all, but if could be smaller, and keep its original functions, then it won't be as of a hassle to carry around.
    08-17-2012 01:15 PM
    Since one of the things I primarily use my iPad for is comics, I think the larger one is perfect. I don't really care for guided view so I need full page and its already hard enough to read some panels. I think the smaller one is going to have a HUGE audience, though. ESPECIALLY if the pricing is as competative as the rumors have been. I am really looking forward to seeing the smaller one in action!
    08-17-2012 02:13 PM
    I'm a 7 inch guy!
    08-17-2012 02:57 PM
    I love my iPad and feel the larger form factor is the perfect size to really get the most from my media.

I also find it quite portable. If I have a meeting or other engagement and want to travel light I will often leave the MacBook at home and just take the iPad. I use an STM scout 2 carry bag in combat green. It's the perfect size for iPad charger, loose change and car keys.

http://www.stmbags.com/catalog/lapto...-shoulder-bag/

I must admit I'm struggling to see how a 7 inch fits in really. Too big to be a phone too small for the full laptop-esque experience. I have iPhone for on the go. iPad for home, planes, holidays, travel light business meetings etc. I think I'm gonna pass on this one.

I think it could be good for kids. My son is 3 and addicted to my iPad. It is just that bit too big and heavy for his small hands its also good if you can't afford an iPad. I assume the smaller screen size would make it cheaper than the current iPad offerings thus making it available to a wider audience.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    08-17-2012 03:47 PM
    I'm a 7 inch guy!
    WOW, pk.
    08-17-2012 06:18 PM
    I prefer the current size for my needs. I have a Nook Color that's 7 inches so I've had some experience in that area. It's a great size for reading books and okay for web browsing. Since I do have that I won't even be considering the iPad mini. If I want a small tablet on the gomI can bring the Nook Color or my phone with a 4.7 inch screen works in a pinch as well. If the price is right I would consider getting thenipad Mini for my kids when they're old enough instead of an iPod Touch.
    08-17-2012 07:37 PM
    I have never owned a tablet but always wanted to get the iPad. The 7" iPad is the perfect tablet for me. I use my iPhone for a lot of media and would like something bigger but not too big like the current iPad. I also like holding my devices with one hand and a 7" tablet for me seems the right size because it's not small, but it's not big either. Hope the rumours about it is true!
    08-18-2012 01:22 AM
    I've always loved the size of the iPad(s). It's a nice size, and comfy to carry tucked in the crook of my arm like a book when it's not in my purse. But of course I wouldn't mind also having the 7-inch mini *just because* it would fit in my purse so much easier and yeah, it's lighter too. It would be nice to be able to leave the house with a smaller bag once in a while since the iPad and iPhone go everywhere with me!
    08-18-2012 07:49 AM
    I would like the 7 . Because I carry mine out in the field with me everyday . The small size would be nice but I don't think the small iPad will have 4 or 3G in it. So it will not work for me.
    08-18-2012 08:14 AM
    I definitely like the larger size iPad. I feel like the larger size makes it a little more versatile. I use my iPad for work often. With the bluetooth keyboard and larger screen, I can turn my iPad into an awesome netbook. It also makes for a good ereader and playing games and watching videos is definitely better on the larger screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    08-18-2012 08:20 AM
    The main reason I left iPad for Samsung earlier this year was size. I wanted something that felt comfortable to hold and carry around and their 8.9 inched worked perfectly. Only problem was my most used apps didn't work the same on android so I came back to iPad. The second they release the 7 inched my iPad will be on eBay and I'll be ordering it no doubt about it.
    08-18-2012 08:59 AM
    One of the advantages of having a smaller tablet though is that you can thumb type on it a lot easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    08-18-2012 09:09 AM
    I'm sticking with this iPad 3. I tried a 7" Android tablet and found it way too small for my liking.
    08-18-2012 09:20 AM
    After having a nexus 7 I realized how much the small form factor is awesome. I can fit it in my pocket and its easy to read off of.
    08-18-2012 11:25 AM
    I'm gonna stick with the 9.7inch screen as I mainly use it at home and it took me all my time to get the new ipad anyways lol will be getting iPod touch for all my outdoor needs. Don't think the 7inch is as portable as people make out anyways. I had the 7inch bb playbook and it felt awkward and clumsy in my pocket.
    08-18-2012 11:59 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD