View Poll Results: 10" or 7". What do you prefer?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10" Go big or go home.

35 51.47%
  • 7" I just want compact.

33 48.53%
    I'm gonna stick with the 9.7inch screen as I mainly use it at home and it took me all my time to get the new ipad anyways lol will be getting iPod touch for all my outdoor needs. Don't think the 7inch is as portable as people make out anyways. I had the 7inch bb playbook and it felt awkward and clumsy in my pocket.
    I have a similar thought. These thing cost so much money, if I were to invest in an iPad, it would definitely be a full size one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    08-18-2012 12:19 PM
    Yup. I just want compact.

My biggest worry, however, with the launch of the iPad Air is that Apple will conflate "budget price" with "small form factor". Yes it would be nice to have both. But, for me, not at the expense of some key features.

Notice how the Nexus 7 got to $199. Low storage, Wi-Fi only, no rear camera, etc.

In contrast, I would love if Apple offered a no-frills 7" for those that want the lowest possible priced entry point. That would be great.

But what I really want offered for myself, in addition, is a higher specd 7" (7.85 to be exact) with Retina display, at least 3G networking, 10 hr. battery life, rear camera, 32 or 64 GB, etc.

Essentially I want to replace my iPad 3 with a smaller form factor version. But I absolutley don't want to loose all of iPad 3's great features to get there.
    08-18-2012 02:55 PM
    Awesome to see the poll so close at this time. Shows there is a market for Apple on both. Should be a hit if it gets released.
    08-19-2012 03:04 PM
    One of the advantages of having a smaller tablet though is that you can thumb type on it a lot easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    For me, I find that I can type a lot faster on my 9.7" iPad 3 than I could on the 7" Tablet that I'ved used in the past.
    08-19-2012 05:36 PM
    Size does matter - the bigger the screen is, the better. Who wants a 13" iMac?
    08-22-2012 01:33 AM
    Size does matter - the bigger the screen is, the better. Who wants a 13" iMac?
    LOL, my first Mac was a Macintosh TV. 14" screen, 640x480 resolution, an amazing 57.14 DPI.
    08-22-2012 04:51 PM
    I honestly am looking forward to the 7 inch iPad size wise if it's anything like the Nexus 7 and the Kindle fire it would be a perfect fit especially seeing that it some cases it seems like the 10 somewhat hefty but that's just me.
    08-22-2012 06:08 PM
    I prefer 7". more portable, easily fit into a bag.
    10-12-2012 11:52 AM
    I prefer 7". It's more portable and easily fit into compact size bag
    10-12-2012 11:53 AM
    I spent a lot of time to make a decision which one to buy, New iPad or wait for iPad mini. But iPad mini rumored to be wifi only, that's absolutely a deal-breaker to me!!
    Then I end up buying a New iPad, and love it very much!!!
    Screen is gorgeous!!!!
    10-12-2012 12:31 PM
    When I first heard that apple was going to make a tablet, I was hoping for the 7" size. I was disappointed when they went with a larger screen, but still bought one. I do love my iPad, but I still plan on buying a 7" Mini. If the specs are right, I will probably buy one with the largest amount of storage and sell my AT&T 32GB iPad. If the specs aren't exactly what I want, I'll still buy one, but it will be the one with the smallest amount of storage and just wi-fi, and use it mainly for reading.
    10-12-2012 03:52 PM
    After owning a 10" I really can't condone anyone get a smaller one. Unless it's to fit in your purse....
    10-12-2012 08:26 PM
    I'm wondering how this poll would have gone if the choice was a 10" retina iPad versus a 7" non retina iPad mini.
    10-12-2012 10:02 PM
    I wouldn't mind a mini iPad but am concerned about note taking on a smaller screen. I mainly use my iPad for taking notes in class or typing papers when I'm not around my computer. How do you think note taking would be on a smaller screen? I'm talking about typing not using a stylus.

---------- Post Merged at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:54 PM ----------

I wouldn't mind a mini iPad but am concerned about note taking on a smaller screen. I mainly use my iPad for taking notes in class or typing papers when I'm not around my computer. How do you think note taking would be on a smaller screen? I'm talking about typing not using a stylus.
    10-18-2012 06:54 PM
    I would trade my iPad depending on what the mini offered. I find 7" more comfortable for my uses.
    10-18-2012 07:52 PM
    I'm wondering how this poll would have gone if the choice was a 10" retina iPad versus a 7" non retina iPad mini.
    But let's be a little more fair and throw in weight. I anticipate the ipad mini being as thin as the new ipod touch with probably half the weight of the 10" ipad..maybe less.

The ipad 3's screen is better, but you can use the ipad mini for more scenarios especially ones that involve holding the device.
    10-21-2012 08:59 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD