How do you type on your iPad?

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I personally have learned how to type on my iPad in the traditional style that I would use with a regular laptop computer. I used to do the two finger peck and had become really fast at that method. I started typing in the traditional style just recently. I was horrible at it at first, but with some practice I have become pretty good at it. What about everyone else? Are you using your thumbs? Traditional method? Two finger peck?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Haven't had mine a week yet, but I have been using a Griffin Stylus pen and the two finger method. The kid uses her hands and types traditionally. But on that note, she has some tiny hands.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Haven't had mine a week yet, but I have been using a Griffin Stylus pen and the two finger method. The kid uses her hands and types traditionally. But on that note, she has some tiny hands.

I have big hands and I have learned how to do it. It takes some practice. I was persistent though. I saw someone else do it and they were quite fast so I wanted to learn.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I type/peck with my fingers using the onscreen keyboard and other times I use a stylus. Sometimes i like to use the Apple Bluetooth keyboard that I purchased specifically for my iPad.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I am still researching keyboards. Anyone know anything about the motorola bluetooth keyboard w/trackpad vs the apple one?

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I am still researching keyboards. Anyone know anything about the motorola bluetooth keyboard w/trackpad vs the apple one?

I haven't seen the Motorola keyboard. But I have used the Apple keyboard and I really liked it. I just got tired of carrying it around with me. One of the reasons why I wanted to learn how to type on the onscreen keyboard. You should also look into some of the keyboard cases. My wife has one and she loves it.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm a two finger typer on my iPad. Gotten pretty good at it too, except I keep hitting the m key when I try to hitmthespacemkey. Lol.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thumbs with the split keyboard or if I need to type a lot, I'll use my keyboard case

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

felicityk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have learned to touch type on my Ipad, with a bit of practice. However, the success of this depends upon how you're positioned relative to the iPad. If it's not properly oriented relative to your hands, for example if you're reclining in the favorite comfy chair, then typing is more likely to be a several finger typing method. Editing is another matter. I would like to see more apps offer an extended keyboard with keys for tabs, cursor movement etc. such as the one included in the most recent version of Notes Plus.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have learned to touch type on my Ipad, with a bit of practice. However, the success of this depends upon how you're positioned relative to the iPad. If it's not properly oriented relative to your hands, for example if you're reclining in the favorite comfy chair, then typing is more likely to be a several finger typing method. Editing is another matter. I would like to see more apps offer an extended keyboard with keys for tabs, cursor movement etc. such as the one included in the most recent version of Notes Plus.

I cannot type well in traditional style unless My iPad is flat on a desk. In any other position I do the two finger hunt and peck.

felicityk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the angle of the iPad relative to the hands is important for success in typing. I have also found that (at least for me) it's more difficult to type in landscape orientation than portrait orientation due to the key spacing.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes, the angle of the iPad relative to the hands is important for success in typing. I have also found that (at least for me) it's more difficult to type in landscape orientation than portrait orientation due to the key spacing.

If I'm typing in traditional mode then typing in landscape mode is imperative. If I'm doing the hunt and peck then portrait mode is definitely faster for me. But I guess all of that is behind me now. I just picked up a bluetooth keyboard case yesterday and I'm loving this thing. Have not stopped using it since I've gotten it.

LaneLester

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see more apps offer an extended keyboard with keys for tabs, cursor movement etc. such as the one included in the most recent version of Notes Plus.
My first iPad will not arrive until Tuesday, but I'm looking for tips. I'm sorry to see the above, because on my Android tablet I'm using Hacker's Keyboard, which gives you basically the same keyboard layout as your desktop: Esc, Tab, Ctrl, Alt, and ARROWS). The arrows are great!

OTOH, I like typing with two index fingers for the convenience in positioning the tablet. I touch type, so I know where the keys are and can go pretty fast.

So it there a third party keyboard that provides a desktop-type layout?

Lane

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro