Problems with Gmail

ufnavy06

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I've had my new iPad for about four months now. I originally synced up my gmail account with it and it worked fine. But all of a sudden about a week ago, I started getting the message, "the mail server 'imap.gmail.com' is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings."

I've deleted my gmail account from my ipad and tried to resync it several times. However, once I have put in my account information, I still get the same error message. It works just fine on my laptop and if I'm in safari on the iPad, but no longer with the mail app. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this? Thanks.

Sean

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Gmail has been having imap issues.

From their site
We are aware of an issue where users are receiving an error that '"imap.gmail.com" is not responding' when using IMAP on their computers, mobile devices, or tablets. We are currently working on resolving this issue.
In the meantime, you can sign in to Gmail through a web browser. For Android and iOS users, you can also download the Gmail application in the interim.

Personally I have mine set up through exchange and it works fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR