Should I buy an iPad now?

SallyField

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
So this one is a bit different. A few months back I had to sell my iPad due to some unforeseen circumstances. I am now back in a better situation and want to pick up the iPad again. However, with all this talk about a new dock connector, and how everyone is certain that the new iPhone will have it, do you think Apple will revise the iPad with the new connector? Thoughts?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
They won't update the 10" iPad till the Spring. The new 7" will come with the new dock connector. Depends on what size you want.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
There is a rumor that they will change the new iPad connector in the fall to match the other devices being updated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SallyField

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
There is a rumor that they will change the new iPad connector in the fall to match the other devices being updated.

Yes, I have read this on many sites. Granted its a rumor, it does bring up a good point about how if there is a new connector, it will not be unified. In my opinion, why would the new iPad mini (or whatever they call it) have the small connector but not make a slight update and implement it on the new iPad too. Hmm, I guess I can wait. One thing I love is that I have loads and loads of iOS chargers around. One in just about every room and my office.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have read this on many sites. Granted its a rumor, it does bring up a good point about how if there is a new connector, it will not be unified. In my opinion, why would the new iPad mini (or whatever they call it) have the small connector but not make a slight update and implement it on the new iPad too. Hmm, I guess I can wait. One thing I love is that I have loads and loads of iOS chargers around. One in just about every room and my office.

There will be adapters available so all those chargers will still be of some utility.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
So this one is a bit different. A few months back I had to sell my iPad due to some unforeseen circumstances. I am now back in a better situation and want to pick up the iPad again. However, with all this talk about a new dock connector, and how everyone is certain that the new iPhone will have it, do you think Apple will revise the iPad with the new connector? Thoughts?

I definitely don't think Apple will revise the current iPad this late on, its not worth it. They will be a new one out probably next March, this one would have the smaller dock on it.

I expect that if the rumors are true (and lets not forget that's what they are until Apple announces otherwise) then new devices that are released from this Autumn onwards will have the smaller dock. I expect there to be adapters for converting the 30 pin dock to the smaller size and vice versa.

SallyField

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I am sure there will be adaptors. But in my position I would have to buy multiple adaptors which is a downside for me. I am hoping they will update the iPad's connector. With the next iPhone that I plan on picking up it would work out better...for me at least.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I am sure there will be adaptors. But in my position I would have to buy multiple adaptors which is a downside for me. I am hoping they will update the iPad's connector. With the next iPhone that I plan on picking up it would work out better...for me at least.

Multiple adapters? Why? Just one to keep with the iPad that has the new connector... chances are, initially, new iPads with a new connector may actually come with the adapter.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
There will be adapters available so all those chargers will still be of some utility.

I was just going to type the same thing. Certainly if Apple does not, then 3rd party vendors will release them, but in all likelyhood, Apple will release one.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Whatever Apple will revise the iPad or not, I think you buy the iPad now or not depends on your needs, if the iPad 3-gen or iPad 2 meets your needs, then you could get one.
The new dock connector is not so important as there will be adapters available~

Weddingszoneie

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I think the new connector will arrive with the next change of the larger IPad, which will not be updated until 2013, the smaller Ipad due for release shortly will more than likely have the new connector due to its size.

I have the Ipad(3), and would be lost without, especially reading books or newspapers.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

There is NO WAY that Apple has the manufacturing capacity to refresh ALL iOS devices at the same time... we're talking about millions and millions of devices of each product that currently being produced.

The new dock connectors will roll across the product line as the products are refreshed on their regular schedules. To do otherwise is expensive and, IMHO, poor use of resources. It's also bad business.

ferrarasam2

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
offcourse you should buy it

the latest ipad 3 is already out in the market, and the next new ipad will be launched in 2013
so you are good to go and you should buy it now
just google for best ipad 3 deals and you'll find many websites where you can get it for cheap prices
i live in uk so here we can by it on monthly contracts and pay as you go deals where we dont have to pay full amount of the device
for example visit this link http://www.ipad3contracts.com/deals.php and you'll be surprised to know that how its affordable for us in uk to get these expensive devices, may be other countries have these kinds of offers too, you can search them on google according to place wherever you live

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying an iPad 3 soon and doing some research first. I'm probably going to wait until I hear what Apple has to say on 9/12. Just in case they make a change which I doubt. Plus, I'll have a new Apple credit card in my hands in the next week so 6 months no interest will be nice too!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm thinking about buying an iPad 3 soon and doing some research first. I'm probably going to wait until I hear what Apple has to say on 9/12. Just in case they make a change which I doubt. Plus, I'll have a new Apple credit card in my hands in the next week so 6 months no interest will be nice too!

Smart guy. Wait.