HELP iPad troubles

mattycouz

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a problem with my ipad everytime I try to plug my ipad in my computer it wont charge and I had this screen protector put on a month ago and they used a wet application to apply it could that damage the port over time or should it happen right away

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it but anything's possible, I suppose. You mention that it won't charge via your computer so I'm assuming it will charge directly from the wall socket. If that's the case then try all of the other USB ports in your computer, if applicable. Also, if you have a laptop or another computer available, connect your iPad to them and see if any of them will charge it.

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The standard USB port on a computer is not enough juice to charge the iPad. Most Mac's have a higher output port. If it charges from the wallwart then you are fine.

z06mike

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Actually that is not true. The port can charge the iPad, but not while in use. So if the screen is on you will see that message but if you leave the screen off it will charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Actually that is not true. The port can charge the iPad, but not while in use. So if the screen is on you will see that message but if you leave the screen off it will charge.

Depends on the tech specs of the laptop. Some will charge in use... some won't... some laptops may not charge at all if their USB ports don't get sufficient amps going thru them.

Reactions: BreakingKayfabe

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Depends on the tech specs of the laptop. Some will charge in use... some won't... some laptops may not charge at all if their USB ports don't get sufficient amps going thru them.

This is 100% correct. Also if plugged into a Mac, the Mac will charge it. Windows it just depends on the specs of the computer.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
My PC will not charge my iPad, but it will charge my iPhone.

Most USB ports do not have enough power to charge an iPad.