My company uses a Cisco Router with SEC Bundle for VPN connectivity so I can't use the Cisco AnyConnect app (no ASA to connect to). Has anyone else successfully connected with the iOS VPN Client to a Cisco Router that has the SEC Bundle?

I have the settings but it asks for something that neither my corporate office or any related searching has answered. Thoughts, comments, insight.
    08-02-2012 01:11 PM
    I don't know what the SEC bundle is, but I can connect to my office Cisco router via the VPN settings in iOS. If you need a certificate, this won't help, but if not maybe this will.

1) you need to choose IPSEC as the VPN type
    2) server (IP), account (username), and password should be easy to get
    3) the other two things you need are Group Name and Secret. So to get them, I had to get the configuration file that IT had (that you would use for the Cisco desktop VPN software). Even though it has a different extension, it is really a text file. So open it in any text editor. You should be able to find the Group Name easily. The Secret is trickier. You should see a long string of nonsense characters. Now go google 'ipsec password decrypter' or something along those lines. Pick one and paste that long string of characters in it. It should give you back a string that looks more like a password. Enter that in the Secret field of the iOS VPN settings.
    08-03-2012 10:29 PM
    My Sisco router is running through the help of vpn ipad, which I already installed in my Ipad. I got some procedure about installing it from the link: iPad 2 VPN -VPN For iPad 2 Allows You To Access Internet Freely
    VPN For iPad 2 Allows You To Access Internet Freely which will also beneficial for you.
    Last edited by HarlikJones; 08-25-2012 at 11:03 PM.
    08-04-2012 01:41 PM
    Thanks guys. The SEC Bundle is a version of Cisco iOS that includes SEC or Security Bundle with has the VPN functionality in it so you don't have to purchase an ASA or PIX firewall for VPN access. At any rate I will give those options a try. The sad part is those who use BB Playbooks have no issue connecting to the VPN, those of us who use iPads or iPhones do
    08-08-2012 01:00 PM
    configuring vpn on ipad is not difficult may be this article will help you to understand. ipad VPN
    08-25-2012 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD