New iPad 3 - Nothing working right

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I set up my iPad just fine. Activated Verizon service just fine. I loaded up some wallpapers. Every single file became corrupted. Same for the two movie trailers. I trying syncing my old apps to this, every single one failed. I tried to get online with both wifi and Verizon, despite having full bars of both, error messages stating that cellular data would not activate (despite having already used it to check the App Store). iTunes won't activate. E-mail synced once, now won't. Safari won't connect.

I literally just opened the box an hour ago. There's no Apple Store within two hours, so after searching Google for this problem and finding lots of people with similar issues and no solutions ever given, I thought I'd see if anyone here had this problem and fixed it. I'm afraid that it's going to have to get sent back to Apple if I can't fix this.

Reactions: anonpandorasale

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The only thing you can do is to actually restore it as new again on iTunes and start from fresh. If that
doesn't work, then call Apple so they'll send a new one. I wouldn't even waste my energy trying to
troubleshoot it beyond that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I set up my iPad just fine. Activated Verizon service just fine. I loaded up some wallpapers. Every single file became corrupted.
What do you mean you "loaded up sone wallpapers"? Did you install a wallpaper app? Did you copy over a few wallpaper .jpg/.png files?
Same for the two movie trailers. I trying syncing my old apps to this, every single one failed.
Old apps? Are you referring to apps you already have that you got for a previous iPad?
I tried to get online with both wifi and Verizon, despite having full bars of both, error messages stating that cellular data would not activate (despite having already used it to check the App Store). iTunes won't activate. E-mail synced once, now won't. Safari won't connect.

I literally just opened the box an hour ago. There's no Apple Store within two hours, so after searching Google for this problem and finding lots of people with similar issues and no solutions ever given, I thought I'd see if anyone here had this problem and fixed it. I'm afraid that it's going to have to get sent back to Apple if I can't fix this.
Lets do this the easy way. Connect your iPad to your computer and fire up the computer version of iTunes. Select the option to restore your device. It will erase everything on it as well as download and install/reinstall the latest iOS version. Afterwards, you will be prompted to restore a backup or set it up as new. Set it up as new. It will be just like it was when you took it out if the box and turned it on for the first time.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
The only thing you can do is to actually restore it as new again on iTunes and start from fresh. If that
doesn't work, then call Apple so they'll send a new one. I wouldn't even waste my energy trying to
troubleshoot it beyond that.

Thank you.

When I connected to iTunes, it said that I had the latest update, but I did go ahead and restore anyway, just to be sure. The first time it stopped in the middle of the restore and got stuck in recovery mode.

Second attempt to restore did the same. Thankfully I have a full head of hair, so you can barely notice the spot where I was pulling bits out.

The third attempt at a restore got it to work and it did FINALLY start accepting my pics and videos. Loaded my apps from my iPad 2 and everything synced just fine. :D

I really don't know why it said I was totally up to date but STILL needed to be restored out of the box, but it worked, so i won't question it any more tonight. I just want to play with my new functioning shiny toy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711