My sound notifications were working just fine, for email and whatever else they are set up for. Now I have lock at the top of the ipad with a circle around it. I dont know how to "unlock" the screen orientation but I think that is what the little lock means.

Also I have no sound notifications for email, text and everything else. I can't find anything in the settings to turn sound notificiations on or off. I have no idea what I did to my Ipad but I need to fix it!

Thank you in advance
    07-25-2012 01:47 PM
    To get rid of the orientation lock, double tap on the home button and then swipe to the right. You should see the music control icons. The very first icon should resemble the icon you complained about. Simply tap on it. The lock icon will disappear. Go back to your homescreen and enjoy screen orientation once again.

In regard to no sounds, did you mute your iPad somehow? On the upper right side of the iPad above the volume keys, slide the lever up. That should take care of the issue.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    07-25-2012 02:34 PM
    It Worked, thank you so much. I just love the knowledge that is on this site!
    07-25-2012 02:53 PM
    It Worked, thank you so much. I just love the knowledge that is on this site!
    You're very welcome. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.
    07-25-2012 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD