Dead pixel on new iPad

dmilleville90

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I have a quick question. So I just noticed today that my iPad has a very tiny black speck on the screen. I am certain that it is not dirt so I concluded that it must be a dead pixel. My question is; would Apple replace my iPad with a new one if I went in to the Apple store even though it's such a small thing? Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
They say it has to be more than 4 but I'm sure they will replace it with just one

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Take it into an Apple store and get them to look at it for you. It's up to them whether or not they will replace it due to one dead pixel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to post the picture directly from my iPhone? The only way I see to post a picture is to upload it via an attachment which would not work on an iPhone.

Upload the picture to a web hosting site (FLICKR, Picasa, PhotoBucket, etc) and then post a link here...

dmilleville90

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay I put aside my laziness and broke out my laptop to post the picture. Ever since getting an iPad in May I have never used my PC only a handful of times and I have not missed it one bit!

dmilleville90

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Take a pic whilst using the iPad. Its easier to tell when the screens lit up

Sent from my iPhone 4S

That picture is of when the screen was on with a completely white background. It was the only way I could get it to show up in a picture. Like I said, it's very tiny so I was wondering if they'd replace it. I mean I could understand why they wouldn't but I paid $500 for this iPad, it's not unreasonable to expect it to not be broken only after a couple of months.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I can see that. It would annoy me. I did have a dead pixel on my iPad 2 and Apple swapped it no questions asked. And I knew of their 4 pixels or more rule but I tried anyways and it was easy.