New IPad owner here

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm new here and new to apple as well. I've eaten my words so to speak vowing in the past never tovbuyninto apple. Well I did last week due to the new resolution to the iPad I had to have it. I've already made a few purchases from the app store and downloaded a few freebies. I'm searching for other sites that apple only related and just can't seem to find much. I would had thought as popular as apple is there would be more forums to read and participate in, do you guys have any suggestions?

Also I plan on jail breaking my device as its a resource hog on data in less than a week ive nearly used up 1gig of data and in the past using ok my droid based phone and other tablet I rarely used 2 gig a month on the unlimited data plan. Never rooted a device imvgoingmtobneed help ANSI plan to use bluetooth wifi connectivity from my Rezound to connect my iPad with hopefully using FoxFi I just have to jailbreak this device in order to connect to my cell and take advantage of my unlimited data package.

James

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and congratulations on your new purchase. As for apple-related forums, iMore is arguably the best and there are a lot of good people here willing to help you with any issue you may have with your device. Download the Tapatalk app, login with your iMore credentials and you're all set to read, learn and share what you've learned. I'm not jailbroken so I won't comment on that, however, I did root my Android devices and flashes every custom ROM I could get my hands on, but I'm not into that anymore. I'm enjoying my i-devices as-is. Anyway, welcome and have a great evening.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for comment and reply, the only reason I wish to jail break my iPad is to make use of using my unlimited data on my cell, the only way I know how to make an android device to communicate with ios is doing this and connecting the iPad to my cell via bluetooth. I'm not a heavy data user but this iPad has consumed in a week what I normally consume in bandwidth with the Xoom and cell in 2 weeks. I haven't yet figured out why I mainly just browse the Internet and check emails and that's it.

James

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome and congrats. The new iPad is a heck of a device. I've had mine since not too long after release, but jailbroke it last week, which I'm very glad I did. Enjoy!

Cooliphoneapps

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
New Ipad

Hi I am the new Apple user here.I have just bought an ipad after using blackberry for so long.It is a lovely gadget with colorful interface and apps.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for comment and reply, the only reason I wish to jail break my iPad is to make use of using my unlimited data on my cell, the only way I know how to make an android device to communicate with ios is doing this and connecting the iPad to my cell via bluetooth. I'm not a heavy data user but this iPad has consumed in a week what I normally consume in bandwidth with the Xoom and cell in 2 weeks. I haven't yet figured out why I mainly just browse the Internet and check emails and that's it.

James

Nothing wrong with wanting to jailbreak, I JB mine and everything is great with it. Just check out some of the threads on the Jailbreak section here at iMore as there is a lot of helpful info there that will help you get started. Hope you enjoy your new iPad.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Ok I'm needing some help here I jail broke my new iPad and it has cydia on it and I'm trying to figure out how to get FoxFi on my android phone to connect to the tablet via ibluever. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Basically what I'm trying to do is use my cell as a hotspot and connect the iPad to it.

James

davidaldrich

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I love iPad 3. It is a great device. I would like to share some feature of iPad 3 below list (1) like Retina display, with a resolution of 2048?1536, 3.1 million pixels at 264ppi (2) A5X Processor, quad-core graphics (3) 5 megapixel iSight camera (4) 1GB of RAM and many more

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm still contemplating getting the new iPad. I have the iPad 2 and it is just fine. But I would like the better camera and the retina display. Tough decisions.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711