I have a 1TB External HDD

chronic illusionz

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there any possible way to share things that are on my HDD to an iPad.

I'm currently looking to purchase a tablet but I have soo much stuff but don't want to pay for a 32gb iPad. So I'd rather just put my music on it (around 12 gigs) then keep the rest on my hard drive, but is there any way for an iPad to read what's on it? If so, I'm sold on the 16gb Wifi.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
On the computer that holds your iTunes library - home share that library so you can play anything in that library on the iPad... it's what I do... music all on the iPad... a couple movies, and the most recent episodes of my season pass shows are on my iPad... everything else I home share/AirPlay.

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Check out Hypershop.com, they recently came out with a way to make your external drive wireless, and accessible by any iDevice, along with anything else that can connect to a wireless network.

Sent from my Verizon 4G iPad using Tapatalk HD

zstairlessone

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
On the computer that holds your iTunes library - home share that library so you can play anything in that library on the iPad... it's what I do... music all on the iPad... a couple movies, and the most recent episodes of my season pass shows are on my iPad... everything else I home share/AirPlay.

Same here, I have a dedicated HDD in my computer to hold everything (music, videos, pictures and books) and only keep a small amount on the iPad. Most times I am at home on wifi so sharing works great for me and if I will be out for a while (on trip or want something specific with me) I just move it to the device

cdf3

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Check out Hypershop.com, they recently came out with a way to make your external drive wireless, and accessible by any iDevice, along with anything else that can connect to a wireless network.

Sent from my Verizon 4G iPad using Tapatalk HD

This sounds interesting. Do you know how well it works?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jjjwicks

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
You should stay away from the 16GB iPad regardless, especially for the new iPad. You will run out of space quickly, even if you are linking to the external drive over the network.

sbddude

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I am perfectly happy with my 16gb. You can use the camera connector to access files stored on a usb drive (externally powered) or an sd card.

If jailbreak is an option for you, you can use the ifile app to access any file type. Fr ,e this is a perfect way to watch movies without taking up too much internal space.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You should stay away from the 16GB iPad regardless, especially for the new iPad. You will run out of space quickly, even if you are linking to the external drive over the network.

I found that out on my iPad 1 I mean it's manageable but it was a pita so my next iPad I went 64 gig

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73