So I've been saving up and I have enough to get either a Mac mini or the new iPad. I am kind of torn as I have tried both and they both would work. However I am leaning towards the mac mini as my laptop is a tablet and I don't really need another portable system like that.

However I do like the portability of the iPad and how much easier it woul be to browse the web and check email from it. As for the mini I would use it as my main machine and it would probably lessen the strain on my laptop.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I still am asking I you would please give me some feed back.
    05-26-2012 01:38 AM
    I think the biggest question is what you plan to do with it.

You said you already have a tablet (although you refer to it as a laptop and a tablet, so I am not 100% sure about that). I am not sure if there would be a reason to get ANOTHER tablet unless you want to be able to do something that your current tablet doesn't allow.

Certainly you are not going to be able to do as much "computer" on a tablet as a computer. I view tablets as great consumer devices, with some computer power, but if you are going to be doing things beyond surfing the web, checking email, etc, a tablet is probably not the way to go.

On the other hand, if you already are in the iOS ecosystem, and you really want something to surf the web at home, have some apps that are useful, and use it as a consumer device, then the tablet would be ideal (IMO).

As I said, it really depends what you want to use it for.

Chris
    05-26-2012 10:14 AM
    i personally would go with the ipad. i have a mbp and dont use everything that it can do. pretty much just browse the web. but that is me.

i have a mini hooked up to my tv and its nice having a 50inch computer screen with a wireless mouse and kb
    05-26-2012 10:15 AM
    ThAnks for the replies, cjvitek the laptop is a convertible one so it can turn into a tablet. As for which one you are right the tablet/laptop can do pretty much everything I need in a tablet, I decided to go with the Mac mini, though I wish it was the 799 one because of the graphics.
    05-26-2012 01:13 PM
    I'm lucky because I really don't need much computing power. Everything I need can be achieved with my iPad. I even bought a keyboard case so that I can use it like a netbook. I don't think that I will buy another laptop, computer, or netbook again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    08-18-2012 01:09 PM
    I'm lucky because I really don't need much computing power. Everything I need can be achieved with my iPad. I even bought a keyboard case so that I can use it like a netbook. I don't think that I will buy another laptop, computer, or netbook again.
    Sacrilege!
    08-18-2012 01:17 PM
    Sacrilege!
    LOL. Why?

08-18-2012 01:19 PM
    I was being sarcastic to mock those who would take issue with you.
    08-18-2012 01:27 PM
    They would, wouldn't they?

08-18-2012 01:31 PM
    They would, wouldn't they?

Yes we would.....how dare you use something that fits your needs, why make everything so easy for yourself????
    kch50428 likes this.
    08-18-2012 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD