Got a new iPad

sadievan

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Went today and got myself a 32gb iPad. Busy loading everything. Some questions.

Do you use iCloud. If so do you sync all or just some functions

Do you use a screen protector.

Will probably have more questions as I go along

Carol

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes iCloud will help you down the line

I don't use a screen protector but that's just me I like the glass feel haven't had a scratch on any devices yet

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

k_kjong

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes I use iCloud. I use all of the functions of the iCloud. I like how my iPad and iPhone synced.
I never use any screen protector on my touchscreen device. I don't like the feel of it, and I am pretty careful when it is about my gadgets.

Qlalaphone

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I think screen protector is a need, cause I already had some small scratch, just when i used a very soft cloth to clean the screen...which is sad.....

woodiah

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I use iCloud and believe it will only get better with iOS 6 - I did use screen protectors, but felt since I was careful and a bare screen feels better to the touch I haven't in about 2 years... no scratches yet (knock on wood).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sadievan

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes iCloud will help you down the line

I don't use a screen protector but that's just me I like the glass feel haven't had a scratch on any devices yet

I originally used iCloud with my phone but stopped cause I was getting multiples of contacts and calendar entries. I use outlook 2003 and couldn't export to it. It was a real pain getting everything cleaned up.

I guess if I decide to try it again I'd have to delete the entries from iCloud first to get rid of the duplicates. Will probably have to update to a newer version of office if I did.

Which browser do you prefer.

Also have seen tap a talk in several posts. Just what is that.
Carol

sadievan

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes I use iCloud. I use all of the functions of the iCloud. I like how my iPad and iPhone synced.
I never use any screen protector on my touchscreen device. I don't like the feel of it, and I am pretty careful when it is about my gadgets.

I use iCloud and believe it will only get better with iOS 6 - I did use screen protectors, but felt since I was careful and a bare screen feels better to the touch I haven't in about 2 years... no scratches yet (knock on wood).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had trouble with iCloud with my phone. Kept getting multiples of contacts and calendar events. So I stopped using it. Was a pain to get it all sorted out. I use outlook 2003 so I couldn't use the desktop app to export to it. May have to upgrade to a later version of office.

Also. My husband and I are on the same account but I set up iCloud with a different user name. He doesn't use iCloud. When I got the iPad, they set it up in the store. Had me sign into my apple acct. when I got home and went to sync my phone, it told me it was synced to a different acct. Got that all straightened out.

Carol

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't use iCloud or a screen protector. I didn't use one on my iPad 1, and never had an issue with scratches. For me, Safari works well.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I originally used iCloud with my phone but stopped cause I was getting multiples of contacts and calendar entries. I use outlook 2003 and couldn't export to it. It was a real pain getting everything cleaned up.

I guess if I decide to try it again I'd have to delete the entries from iCloud first to get rid of the duplicates. Will probably have to update to a newer version of office if I did.

Which browser do you prefer.

Also have seen tap a talk in several posts. Just what is that.
Carol

I use safari it works good

You would have to update your outlook but there is a iCloud control panel that will sync your iCloud with outlook and bookmark to your computer browser and your photo stream as well

zstairlessone

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, I use iCloud (except for pictures which I back up manually) and it works great for me. I have an Apple Smart cover that I like and no screen protector (but use them on my phone) or back cover - that is going to change this weekend as I just discovered a scratch and dent in the back case, probably from keys in my pocket that dangle out and using the iPad on my lap.
Hope you enjoy yours I sure do.

sadievan

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I use safari it works good

You would have to update your outlook but there is a iCloud control panel that will sync your iCloud with outlook and bookmark to your computer browser and your photo stream as well

I did download the iCloud control panel, but it will only work with outlook 2007 or newer.

Carol

eric6052

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I use iCloud for backup because I despise iTunes and avoid it as much as possible. I'm not a fan of screen protectors but I use a fairly sturdy case to protect my iPad. As far as browsers I use Safari. I've used Dolphin on Android Phone and it is a pretty good browser as well.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Never do I use screen protectors in my iPad or iPhone. I literally take a key to the screen to try and scratch the screen and it won't scratch.