Wifi Password sharing between iOS devices?

JF7FSU

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I have a new iPad 3 and was pleasantly surprised when I progammed a friends wifi network into my iPhone 4 and the network magically appeared in my new iPad password installed and all witout any input from me. So I programmed a wifi network at work into my iPad but the iPhone is not showing it at all. The iPhone is on 5.0.1 and JB.

I do not have a Mac, but is there a setting I am missing that allows this to go 2 ways? Or am I completely missing someting here? Thanks!

JF7FSU

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
No I restored from an iPad 2 backup using iCloud. The issue is I am unable to obtain this wifi password without a major hassle at work.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a new iPad 3 and was pleasantly surprised when I progammed a friends wifi network into my iPhone 4 and the network magically appeared in my new iPad password installed and all witout any input from me. So I programmed a wifi network at work into my iPad but the iPhone is not showing it at all. The iPhone is on 5.0.1 and JB.

I do not have a Mac, but is there a setting I am missing that allows this to go 2 ways? Or am I completely missing someting here? Thanks!

From my experience (have done this many times) you have to enter the wifi password on each device. Yes the network will appear but you will not be able to use it until you enter the WEP or WPA password. Also I have had to re-enter my password after restoring my device.