iPad 1 or iPad 2 or New iPad?!?!? Need help!

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Let me just preface this by saying I already own a Touchpad with Android installed (I use both webos and android) and a playbook. I love them all, but I am kind of addicted to tablets and really want to try out an iPad. Money is tight for me, so it definitely factors into my decision. I could probably swing the iPad 1 now but I would have to wait another month or 2 to get the other ones. Right now I can get an iPad 1 32gb for $230, a brand new iPad 2 16gb for $340, or a new iPad for $425. Since I already have 2 (technically 3) other tablets I will not be solely relying on the iPad. Space is that important either (i don't hold the iPad 1 higher because it has more space, however it is nice). I am mostly getting it just to check out the apps and maybe use it for games. What do you guys think? Is getting an iPad 1 too far behind the curve (or just a great deal in disguise?) Is the iPad 2 the best value for me or for the extra $85 is it worth it just to get the latest and greatest? That retina display does like very nice. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you're use to the touchpad and playbook, the iPad 1 will be just as good; actually better. The iPad 2 or iPad 3 will probably make you forget about the rest. LOL

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If youre not going to be using the ipad for anything other than in the manner in which you described above then you might as well purchase the original ipad, especially being that money is an issue. If it weren't an issue, I'd, without question, recommend the ipad 2. Having said that and being that you simply want to see how the ipad is, why don't you mosey on down to a nearby Best Buy, Walmart, Target or Radio Shack and just play with one the ipads on display. That would be a lot cheaper than outright buying one especially if it is not going to be your primary tablet. Also, in case you do end up liking it enough to want to make it your primary tablet, you can then better assess your situation and make the appropriate ipad purchase choice. Just my 2 cents! :)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
If youre not going to be using the ipad for anything other than in the manner in which you described above then you might as well purchase the original ipad, especially being that money is an issue. If it weren't an issue, I'd, without question, recommend the ipad 2. Having said that and being that you simply want to see how the ipad is, why don't you mosey on down to a nearby Best Buy, Walmart, Target or Radio Shack and just play with one the ipads on display. That would be a lot cheaper than outright buying one especially if it is not going to be your primary tablet. Also, in case you do end up liking it enough to want to make it your primary tablet, you can then better assess your situation and make the appropriate ipad purchase choice. Just my 2 cents! :)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)
Well it has the chance to be my primary tablet I guess is what I am saying, nothings guaranteed though and I have played around with the iPad before, I know what it can do and what it is capable of. Playing around with it for 10min and always having it are 2 different things. I appreciate the advice though. One of the reasons I lean a little against the first iPad is the size, my Touchpad is already pretty big, I feel like the Ipad is the same size. I wouldn't mind the smaller form factors of the newer iPads. So far I have 2 for the first gen iPad.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it has the potential to be your primary tablet then go for the new ipad or at least, the ipad 2 as I recommended earlier. As for the smaller form, they are all basically the same size.

ipad ---- 9.56"(h), 7.47"(w), .50"(d)
ipad 2 --9.50"(h), 7.31"(w), .34"(d)
new ---- 9.50"(h), 7.31"(w), .37"(d)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I had an iPad 2 and a new iPad on my lap at the same time last weekend looking at the Masters website and I couldn't tell the difference in the photos or the live feed or the replays, for what it's worth.

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
That is where I was going to buy it lol the 32gb is only $230. Cowboom is a great website and has a lot of good deals.

I skipped iPad 2 and waited for iPad 3.

I would have been fine with my iPad 1 for what I use it for, I am not a big game player and use it for business so it was fine.

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd say the new iPad is worth the $85 extra. The display is pretty kickass. This is coming from an original though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2