Is anyone planning on using (or have you used before) iPads at the Passover Seder?
    04-04-2012 02:43 PM
    Is anyone planning on using (or have you used before) iPads at the Passover Seder?
    In what capacity?
    04-04-2012 03:17 PM
    Seriously. You bring a gadget to my Seder table, and you join Elijah out the door. Pesach may not be yontif, but it's no place for an iPad.
    Uri Kelman likes this.
    04-04-2012 04:46 PM
    Can't have a digital Haggadah?
    04-04-2012 11:57 PM
    I know I'm not Jewish, but what's wrong with a little tech? Digital Haggadah. I know my pastor and our church family won't stop using ours on Easter.
    Last edited by EmceeGeek; 04-05-2012 at 12:55 AM.
    04-05-2012 12:53 AM
    Well this year you can't have a digital Hagaddah because the sederim fall on Shabbat. Beyond that, the iPad is twice the size of any normal Hagaddah, and unless your goal is spilling food and wine on your iPad, it's about as good idea as using the iPad as a digital e-reader in the bathtub.
    04-05-2012 06:44 AM
    I'm not religious, nor do I play religious on TV, and I understand how deeply religious some folks are, but some of my saddest childhood memories consist of me going to orthodox and reformed events and having each group chide and belittle the other for "doing it wrong".

If an iPad brings you together and helps you celebrate, or if eschewing technology does that instead, I think either option is great. (But what do I know, I don't think humans should be allowed to form groups greater than 6 anyway )

Rene
    04-05-2012 06:09 PM
    I would love to chime in with some profound thoughts of Jewish observance, but I think I will abstain. If anybody in the forum is interested in knowing more about the proper observance of Pesach (Passover) visit AskMoses.com

I hope all the Jews in the forum have a very Kosher and Happy Pesach!

Rene,

So say we all.
    04-05-2012 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.