Wireless External Storage???

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I would ever need that much storage unless I decided to store a lot of movies. I would be curious to see how well it works.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If one uses iTunes Home Sharing everything in one's iTunes library is available to play on an iPad, no additional external storage is needed.

I'm not seeing a need for external storage that's iPad specific as iCloud, and other similar solutions offer support to document sharing...Dropbox and similar services are also available.

meballard

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
If one uses iTunes Home Sharing everything in one's iTunes library is available to play on an iPad, no additional external storage is needed.

I'm not seeing a need for external storage that's iPad specific as iCloud, and other similar solutions offer support to document sharing...Dropbox and similar services are also available.
Those solutions don't generally help when you're out of the house and don't have/don't want to pay for a sufficiently good Internet connection...

I've been playing with the CloudFTP and the Kensington Wi-Drive. I like the Wi-Drive ability to share another Wi-Fi connection so that you're not offline, but they both have their advantages, not sure which I like better (CloudFTP IMO has the potential to be a lot better).

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
between dropbox and sugarsync, I've never found cloud storage (or lack thereof) to be an issue. Even with just the free service for both, that's what? 7 GB in addition to all the iCloud storage available. Both services offer ridiculous amounts of additional storage if needed for a nominal charge. Gotta love it.

suvlady

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I currently use DropBox also. My concern is that I have the wifi iPad 3 and if I wanted to store a movie or files on the actual iPad, I wouldn't have much space, if I didn't have an internet connection to get to DropBox or Cloud storage. That is why I was considering the external storage as an option.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2