Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    Just curious what people's preferences are how to rip DVDs so you can watch them on an iPad (or ANY iOS device, really).
    Motorbones likes this.
    04-02-2012 02:06 PM
    The combination of Handbrake and VLC... fast, free and easy.
    04-02-2012 04:55 PM
    Handbrake supported Sources:

Most common multimedia files that libavformat and libavcodec support.
    Any DVD or Bluray-like source which is NOT copy-protected. (removal of copy protection is not supported)

Are most DVDs copy-protected??

The combination of Handbrake and VLC... fast, free and easy.
    04-02-2012 05:22 PM
    I was wondering this too, mostly for Blu-Rays, and Handbrake doesn't work well with Blu-Rays in my experience because, why wouldn't they have copy protection?
    04-02-2012 10:49 PM
    Hand break I could never get past copy protection .. And takes a awhile to encode ..

I use DVD fab you can encode to tons of formats and any iOS device also bypasses all copyright protection

I have used this even on Disney DVDs for my daughter

All these DVDs I owned just incase anyone is wondering

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    04-03-2012 12:15 AM
    Handbrake supported Sources:

Most common multimedia files that libavformat and libavcodec support.
    Any DVD or Bluray-like source which is NOT copy-protected. (removal of copy protection is not supported)

Are most DVDs copy-protected??
    In my experience, the VLC program takes care of the copy protection. I don't have a blu-ray DVD player for my MacBook Pro, so I haven't ripped any blu-rays... but get and install the VLC app on your Mac, then Handbrake can easily rip your DVDs. They have a great forum that I have used once or twice for problem DVDs, but so far, I have been able to rip every DVD that I own....

In my experience, ripping takes about 20 minutes up to an hour per DVD... but the result is most excellent. And, for the record, I only rip the DVDs that I own... makes viewing them (especially for the grandkids movies) a painless and damage-free experience.

Fix HandBrake DVD ripping if you've installed VLC 2.0 | Macworld
    Last edited by Fausty82; 04-03-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    04-03-2012 12:46 AM
    I've always used DVDFAB, it worked wonders and got over the copy-protected stuff. Never had a problem, always rented movies from netflix and copied em and sent em back. I SAID NOTHING! *delete's account*
    04-03-2012 11:07 AM
    Handbrake does not come stock with the ability to get past copyrights.

In my experience Handbrake told me to download a extension that would allow it to break the copyrights on DVD's.

For the sake of not getting another warning about illegal things I won't tell you what it was. You can use google for that
    04-03-2012 11:30 AM
    I've always used DVDFAB, it worked wonders and got over the copy-protected stuff. Never had a problem, always rented movies from netflix and copied em and sent em back. I SAID NOTHING! *delete's account*
    That is freaking WRONG... it's stealing, pirating and disgusting... no wonder the MPAA (and RIAA) are so anal about copy protection/piracy...
    hunoosh likes this.
    04-03-2012 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD