I bought my 16 GB iPad 2 in November, but after using it for awhile, realized that I'd like a 32 GB model. Coincidentally, a co-worker offered to buy my 16 GB model from me. At first, I figured I would go with the 32 GB iPad 2 (wifi only), but then I was thinking, what if I upgraded to the new version? I didn't plan on making a move so soon, and I wouldn't mind saving some cash by buying last year's model, but I feel like it would make more sense given the availability. I use my iPad 2 as my eReader, and I've heard many people write that anyone who reads on their iPad should consider upgrading.

Is there anyone else in a similar situation such as mine? If so, what do you think? Stick with the iPad 2? Or go with the latest and greatest?
    04-02-2012 08:06 AM
    Since you're going to be buying another iPad, I would go for the New iPad. The Retina display is awesome especially for those who are using their iPad as a e-reader.
    mfm77 likes this.
    04-02-2012 08:20 AM
    I don't see anything wrong with going from a iPad 2 to the New iPad if that is what you want to do. I would go into a store that will let you try out one of the display New iPad first and see how you like it first.
    mfm77 likes this.
    04-02-2012 08:43 AM
    It seems that your mind is all but made up so go for it. Being that someone is going to buy your iPad 2 anyway, your payout for the new one will be less.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    04-02-2012 10:10 AM
    I bought my 16 GB iPad 2 in November, but after using it for awhile, realized that I'd like a 32 GB model. Coincidentally, a co-worker offered to buy my 16 GB model from me. At first, I figured I would go with the 32 GB iPad 2 (wifi only), but then I was thinking, what if I upgraded to the new version? I didn't plan on making a move so soon, and I wouldn't mind saving some cash by buying last year's model, but I feel like it would make more sense given the availability. I use my iPad 2 as my eReader, and I've heard many people write that anyone who reads on their iPad should consider upgrading.

Is there anyone else in a similar situation such as mine? If so, what do you think? Stick with the iPad 2? Or go with the latest and greatest?
    If you can afford it, go for it.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    04-02-2012 10:24 AM
    The new one is nice. I would read a little on my first gen and the screen upgrade is very nice if you read. I actually plan on buying more books.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk
    04-02-2012 10:31 AM
    Whenever Apple announces a new product, my colleagues smirk and ask me if I have gotten mine yet. I laugh and tell them when it is expected. For example, my new iPad will arrive on Thursday of this week.

The joke is that I pay with Apple dollars. I paid $12 for these and they are now worth $600-. Peter Lynch would call this "a good investment." but Jim Cramer is screaming in my ear "Pig! Pig! Pig! Sell! Sell! Sell!."

This am an analyst announced his target price of $1000-. While texting my great nephew as to whether he wanted my old iPad, AAPL went up enough to pay for the new one. (When his father heard about it, he wanted my iPad2 and for the baby to have his iPad1. Apple is all about family.)
    Last edited by whmurray; 04-02-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    04-02-2012 10:42 AM
    It seems that your mind is all but made up so go for it. Being that someone is going to buy your iPad 2 anyway, your payout for the new one will be less.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    Agreed. We call this a "no brainer." At my billing rate, you have already wasted the cost several times over. "Never spend more making the decision than getting it wrong will cost you?"
    Last edited by whmurray; 04-02-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    04-02-2012 10:49 AM
    I only had my 16GB iPad2 for 3 months and figured I wouldn't update. But I like new toys so went to the apple store and bought a 32GB new iPad. Glad I did. The new display is great and movies, pictures and books look so much better. If you're gonna upgrade get the new one.
    04-02-2012 11:23 AM
    At first glance, I'd say no way, would I buy a 3rd gen iPad after just buying a iPad 2. But if you're planning on selling your iPad 2, I'd definitely pony up the bucks for the new iPad. Retina alone makes it worth it, for an extra $100. No brainer. I bought the 3rd gen after using my first gen iPad for two years, and it's a dramatic difference.
    rryoung likes this.
    04-02-2012 02:36 PM
    This is a game. We play it here often. Apple announces a new product. One of us wants it. Wants it but knows that it is not really "justified." Thinks it ought to be justified. He brings the problem here and we all pretend to help him to decide to do what he clearly intends to do anyway. We pretend with him that this is a decision that must and can be made rationally while we all know better. We all enjoy the game so we play it over and over.

I always play the same way, "It is only money; better early than late." Others switch ides so that they can pretend to be swayed by the facts.
    cardfan likes this.
    04-02-2012 03:40 PM
    This is a game. We play it here often. Apple announces a new product. One of us wants it. Wants it but knows that it is not really "justified." Thinks it ought to be justified. He brings the problem here and we all pretend to help him to decide to do what he clearly intends to do anyway. We pretend with him that this is a decision that must and can be made rationally while we all know better. We all enjoy the game so we play it over and over.

I always play the same way, "It is only money; better early than late." Others switch ides so that they can pretend to be swayed by the facts.
    I assure you, this is no game. In fact, I talked to my tech guy at work (he has a 32 GB iPad 2) who stated that it made sense to stick with the iPad 2 line and then upgrade next year when Apple releases the next one. That makes sense, too.

By the way, no one is forcing you to contribute to this thread.
    04-02-2012 04:26 PM
    This is a game. We play it here often. Apple announces a new product. One of us wants it. Wants it but knows that it is not really "justified." Thinks it ought to be justified. He brings the problem here and we all pretend to help him to decide to do what he clearly intends to do anyway.
    Maybe it's a game to you. It's not a game to me. We're talking about people's hard earned cash. And I'm not pretending. I think folks here are offering practical advice, and I've also seen times when folks are talked out of a purchase via this community.
    Eileen89 and mfm77 like this.
    04-02-2012 05:25 PM
    If the ipad is an ereader to you and your eyes get tired then go for the new version. I myself love the ipad but never actually bought one because of the resolution due to my sensitive eyes.

Sent from my Photon
    04-02-2012 08:09 PM
    If you are going to buy another one because you want more space I would get the new iPad. If you were going to buy the same size I personally feel like I wouldn't have got my at least $150 worth that I would loose on selling it within 6 months but that's just me. I was a first time iPad buyer 2 weeks ago they were sold out of the new one at best buy so I bought the 2 to try it out to see if it was something I really liked and long story short I got super lucky and wound up paying $399 for a 32gb ipad 2 and after playing with it it home compared to playing with the new one in store I will be more than happy to keep it until the next gen comes out in 2013 but like I said if you are wanting more storage go with the new iPad
    04-03-2012 02:30 AM
    Thanks for all of the feedback. After weighing the pros and the cons (and getting fresh insight from my parents ), I'm going for the latest and greatest and picking up my new iPad today.
    04-10-2012 08:48 AM
    Thanks for all of the feedback. After weighing the pros and the cons (and getting fresh insight from my parents ), I'm going for the latest and greatest and picking up my new iPad today.
    Congratulations! Your eyes will be happy.
    04-10-2012 10:24 AM
    I gave myself the new iPad for my (77th) birthday. I gave my iPad2 to my great nephew. His dad took it and gave him his original iPad. (Well, he really didn't but only because he blurted out his intention in front of me.)
    lonbeehold likes this.
    04-10-2012 03:53 PM
    I gave myself the new iPad for my (77th) birthday. I gave my iPad2 to my great nephew. His dad took it and gave him his original iPad. (Well, he really didn't but only because he blurted out his intention in front of me.)
    HAHA that's funny, kid was robbed! Happy belated, btw.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 4G using Tapatalk
    04-11-2012 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD