I was on Camp Lester, but hung out mostly at Kadena.
    03-31-2012 07:09 PM
    I was on Camp Lester, but hung out mostly at Kadena.
    We actually live on Foster since Kadena was full... base housing probably hasn't changed since you were here.
    03-31-2012 07:21 PM
    I went with Verizon, mainly b/c my iPhone is on AT&T and I didn't want everything on the same network, the more mature LTE network here and elsewhere and the free hotspot. The ability to swap sims and fall back to AT&T 3G is just a bonus.
    03-31-2012 08:48 PM
    I regret not getting Verizon (my iPhones are AT&T) due to the Verizon Hotspot.
    03-31-2012 08:57 PM
    I went with Verizon as well as AT&T does not offer 4g in Cincinnati as of this moment. my iPhone is with AT&T. I have to admit it was a tough choice at first; but in the end I believe I made the right choice for my needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    03-31-2012 09:08 PM
    I went with Verizon for my iPad 2 because their pricing structure fit my needs better than AT&T's, I was hopeful that I'd get coverage in areas where I lost my AT&T signal on my iPhone and it was the last black 32GB 3G iPad2 at the Apple store. I was happy with their service and I wanted an easy transition to my new iPad plan wise, so I went with them again. They have more LTE coverage in my area than AT&T does at present and I like having the personal hotspot feature.
    04-01-2012 03:19 PM
    I went with AT&T because I'm grandfathered in their unlimited data plan, and I'm in the Dallas area, and we have good LTE coverage here (headquarters is here). AT&T says that they won't throttle unlimited iPad users, but we'll how long that they stay with that position. I don't travel much, either. If it hadn't been for the unlimited plan, I would have gone with Verizon, no contest.
    04-02-2012 10:37 AM
    Oki... I'll miss the friendly locals, but I'm just about done w/these typhoons.
    I was at Yokota AB in Oct 79 when Typhoon Tip came calling ( Typhoon Tip - ). What a nightmare that was with the medical emergency we had to deal with.... Earthquakes in Calif aren't so bad after all...
    04-02-2012 02:34 PM
    I went with AT&T. Out here in Alaska, there are no Verizon towers. Some people have Verizon phones, but they roam off local partners in the state. While Verizon is coming to the state, nobody has LTE here, and AT&T already has a good established footprint. There is no LTE in the state, but I travel a bunch to the lower 48 and will want that speed when I'm there.
    04-02-2012 02:40 PM
    I was at Yokota AB in Oct 79 when Typhoon Tip came calling ( Typhoon Tip - ). What a nightmare that was with the medical emergency we had to deal with.... Earthquakes in Calif aren't so bad after all...
    Typhoons on Oki are strange - the storms are bigger than the island itself, so you get hit twice each time. Yokota is nice... have gone up there quite a bit. The last huge one was a mess (I'm medical as well).
    04-02-2012 11:20 PM
    I went with AT&T because I'm grandfathered in their unlimited data plan, and I'm in the Dallas area, and we have good LTE coverage here (headquarters is here). AT&T says that they won't throttle unlimited iPad users, but we'll how long that they stay with that position. I don't travel much, either. If it hadn't been for the unlimited plan, I would have gone with Verizon, no contest.
    Best reason I seen yet. I would have gone with AT&T if I had unlimited. Small LTE map or not.
    04-02-2012 11:23 PM
    You go places, but you don't want to take a lot of stuff with you, that being said I always drive. My GF usually is on the passenger side. I never get to play with my iPad in the car. Knowing Verizon Wireless has been out for quite sometime now. Plus, now experiencing it now on my new iPad. It's fast and I don't have to worry about speed, because I know it will be quick. Thinking about AT&T, while I was in the line waiting to get my iPad. I was on Gizmodo.com, I guess with all the hooplah going on about the new iPad. An article came out about which one was quicker VZW or AT&T. Well It was no contest VZW won. It also stated that the 2nd Gen iPad on 3G was quicker than the new iPad, which has LTE in it. Now, I'm not sure where they did this test in, a place with quick VZW LTE or no AT&T LTE. I changed my mind, kept on thinking, if I am going to move to Santa Barbara soon, maybe I won't need an internet connection. We can just the iPad as a Hot Spot. So pretty much VZW LTE is there, and AT&T isn't in Santa Barbara, just yet. Well I don't know maybe it is. Can't tell because the map of the 4G area sucks on AT&T. I am happy with VZW for once, I once hated it, because it was so bad at my house. In my area though, doing a speed test once, I got an upload speed that was quicker than my Download speed. Oh to think of the stuff you can download with that.
    04-03-2012 12:18 PM
    Well, I gave in. Got the new iPad and thought about it. I'm already with AT&T so I went with the AT&T version. I would have liked Verizon but the plan isn't good enough. Especially with free hotspot. I'd
    definitely go over.
    Last edited by forever29; 04-03-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    04-03-2012 01:21 PM
    You go places, but you don't want to take a lot of stuff with you, that being said I always drive. My GF usually is on the passenger side. I never get to play with my iPad in the car. Knowing Verizon Wireless has been out for quite sometime now. Plus, now experiencing it now on my new iPad. It's fast and I don't have to worry about speed, because I know it will be quick. Thinking about AT&T, while I was in the line waiting to get my iPad. I was on Gizmodo.com, I guess with all the hooplah going on about the new iPad. An article came out about which one was quicker VZW or AT&T. Well It was no contest VZW won. It also stated that the 2nd Gen iPad on 3G was quicker than the new iPad, which has LTE in it. Now, I'm not sure where they did this test in, a place with quick VZW LTE or no AT&T LTE. I changed my mind, kept on thinking, if I am going to move to Santa Barbara soon, maybe I won't need an internet connection. We can just the iPad as a Hot Spot. So pretty much VZW LTE is there, and AT&T isn't in Santa Barbara, just yet. Well I don't know maybe it is. Can't tell because the map of the 4G area sucks on AT&T. I am happy with VZW for once, I once hated it, because it was so bad at my house. In my area though, doing a speed test once, I got an upload speed that was quicker than my Download speed. Oh to think of the stuff you can download with that.
    Speed test comparisons are only fair if they are being done in an area that has good LTE coverage for both carriers networks. I've seen speed test results on other forums where both AT&T and Verizon run LTE and AT&T was definitely faster. Only In a few months when AT&T rolls out LTE in more markets can one get an accurate account of which carrier is going to be faster. Also, the AT&T iPad is capable of falling back on their HSPA+ network in areas where LTE is unavailable. Verizon's iPad is going to fall back on their much slower 3G network.
    04-03-2012 03:13 PM
    I choose At&t because of the speeds and prices....I had Verizon and Sprint and didnt like either
    04-03-2012 06:08 PM
    I am picking up my new iPad in a few days and I'll be going with the AT&T model - they rollout their LTE here in Cleveland, Akron and Canton on Sunday I believe plus still being able to be HSPA+ is a huge factor
    04-04-2012 02:02 PM
    I went with Verizon because they have prepaid data for iPad. I pay when I need it. And don't pay when I don't need it. The prices and speeds are exactly the same as the contract prices.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?kaa52g
    04-04-2012 03:10 PM
    The last I thought there weren't any contract terms on data plans on either carrrier, both are pay as you need
    04-05-2012 01:18 AM
    I went with Verizon because they have prepaid data for iPad. I pay when I need it. And don't pay when I don't need it. The prices and speeds are exactly the same as the contract prices.

---
    ...same as AT&T.
    04-05-2012 05:51 AM
    Hi everyone! We went with AT&T because of the cost! We were able to bundle with other services. I was dubious, and had it been up to me, I would have choosen Verizon, simply based on feed back from others. That said, I've been very happy with my service, and plan to stay with AT&T.
    04-05-2012 02:03 PM

---
    The AT&T iPad is also prepaid.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.
    04-05-2012 03:17 PM
    My true test comes starting today. One big reason I went with Vzn is I spend a lot of time in So Cal and moving back soon. AT&T's LTE map there is tiny. Basically LA only and not much of the suburbs. Vzn is huge. Can't wait to test this sucker out there on Vzn LTE.
    04-06-2012 02:35 PM
    I would have went with Verizon for the LTE coverage. I got the wifi only version and plan to switch to Verizon from at$t when the LTE iPhone comes out.
    Last edited by CrzyP; 04-06-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    04-06-2012 03:54 PM
    i went with verizon due to the fact they offer 1GB/$20 plan and also the free hotspot.

am happy so far with the data speed. i guess after a certain point doesn't matter who is faster, what matters is the consistency of coverage. verizon's pretty good for my need in the Chicagoland.
    04-06-2012 06:20 PM
    AT&T here for two reasons:
    I have a Smartphone on Verizon - going with AT&T gives me a bigger chance that one of the two will work when traveling in remote areas (which I do frequently for camping trips etc...).
    3GB a month is enough for me in most cases... 2GB is borderline - so AT&Ts Pricing works better here...
    04-07-2012 11:06 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD