Hey. This is my first post and my first purchase (maybe) of a Ipad. I have some questions of you dont mind answering....

Background: Im a android user. I have a Galaxy Nexus and I like it. I also have a tablet, a Blackberry PlayBook. Due to the PlayBook having no apps, I want to upgrade to something else.
    I have played with many android tablets and they feel "unfinished" to me....So that leads me to the new Ipad.

1) Is not having flash support a BIG deal? What if the site has flash ads they just apper as a normal image.

2) Do Ipad 2 cases fit the new Ipad? IE - Otterbox?

3) Does it have stand alone GPS? Could it be used as a multimedia device in my car? IE - Playing music via ADP2 bluetooth thru my cars radio?

Thanks so much!
    If I have anymore Ill post below.
    03-28-2012 08:04 PM
    1) I don't think so... I don't feel like I am missing anything. I site that has flash is basically blank with a message that you are not using a compatible browser or something like that.

2) Some do, some do not... the thickness is VERY close. I have an Incipio Feather for the 2 on my 3 and it fits. I suggest browsing the forums -- there are at least a couple threads about cases.

3) The 4G version has GPS. Yes you can play audio via bluetooth via your car stereo.
    03-28-2012 09:20 PM
    Flash is mainly going to be a personal issue. Many sites like Hulu will have their own app. It really depends how many sites you need to visit that require flash. Personally I have very rarely wished I had it. I hear adobe has stopped developing flash for mobile devices anyway in favor of HTML5 so it won't be an issue for long.

The only differences in size between the iPad 2 and 3rd gen is a sight thickness increase. For the most part you can use your own judgement whether a case will fit. For example the tight fitting plastic back cases will obviously not work, but those leather cases that just hook around it will very Iikely work. I'm using the Toblino 2 case made for iPad 2 and it fits it.
    03-28-2012 09:58 PM
    1) Flash? It's dead as a mobile format.

2) Most do - there may be some of the ones with magnets to put them into sleep mode that have magnet polarity issues - try before you buy.

3) LTE iPads will be fine with GPS apps - wifi-only iPads need a source for GPS data as they have no internal GPS receiver of their own. GPS bluetooth pucks are available... and there's the BadElf device that plugs into the charging port that makes a wifi iPad a fully functional personal navigation device - all you need is a good app.
    03-28-2012 10:14 PM
    Whether you miss flash will depend on what sites you visit. It may be on Adobe's chopping block as a mobile format, but there's still a lot of flash content on the web. The PlayBook's browser offers a more desktop like experience in that respect. There are usually specific apps on the iPad that will somewhat offset this, but the experience may not be as seamless (eg. instead of being able to play a video in the browser, it'll open up a separate app).
    03-28-2012 11:27 PM
    I was in an identical situation, almost. I have a Galaxy Nexus and love it. I have a XOOM tablet, and also feel like Android tablets are quite lagging in terms of apps and overall polish. I got the new iPAD and can tell you that you will not be sorry.

As the others have stated, Flash depends on what sites you "need" to use. For me, it turns out it is no issue whatsoever. None. But, LOTS of sites still use flash , which could be an issue for some, but not for me.

While I prefer Android for phones by large margin over the iPhone, it has become very clear to me that the iPAD is miles ahead of all other tablets. Good luck.
    03-29-2012 09:00 AM
    1) Flash? It's dead as a mobile format.
    To the OP, this is all you need to know about Flash.

Most of the major sites have developed an HTML5 iteration, anyway. If they haven't, they soon will.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
    (New iPad, Tapatalk HD)
    kch50428 likes this.
    03-29-2012 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD