Can't decide between new iPad and iPad 2.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Another thing to consider is whether you'll be loading up a lot of media and what your app usage is going to be. Media, especially videos, eat up your storage in gobs. And as the apps get updated for the retina display, their sizes are growing...you get the increased size whether your iPad is a retina one or not. Whichever iPad you end up getting, I'd recommend at least a 32gb.

While the retina display isnt a must, it is what you look at everytime you use your tablet. I don't think we're going to see another resolution jump anytime soon (it would be overkill). While nothing, especially mobile tech is future proof, the retina display should keep you happy for a while. If you're able to, look at them side by side. The display will sell the new iPad to you :)

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I read three books in three days on my iPad 2 with no problems...no headache my eyes didn't bother me. It was comfortable and all I do with mine is heavy reading I don't see the difference between screens. That's just my personal opinion.

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I read three books in three days on my iPad 2 with no problems...no headache my eyes didn't bother me. It was comfortable and all I do with mine is heavy reading I don't see the difference between screens. That's just my personal opinion.

I really don't know what to say when people say they can't see the difference between the screens. It's night and day for me. Bad eyesight is bliss?

Doesn't matter to me though. I'm just glad Apple did this. It'll prompt a big movement to higher resolution screens in every device now, laptops, monitors, etc as well as content.

1badapple

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
iPad vs iPad 2

I have both iPad 2 and the new iPad and I love them both . I liked the 2 so much I had to get the new one and don't regret it . I used the 32gb iPad 2 for awhile and never had a problem or anything with it . I read all I could about the new iPad and decided to get the 64 gb . I can't put it down the new one that is and it's worth the extra hundred . The colors of everything are so vibrant from movies to apps. I'm so glad on deciding to get the new iPad . Plus my girlfriend is enjoying the iPad 2 so it's a win win . The only thing I wish the iPads would have would be a flash for the camera . It takes amazing pictures but only if it's light out or you are somewhere with a lot of light . The new iPad is pretty fast but don't see a difference between the two . By the way I'm using the wifi version iPads . Sprint does not carry them yet (hopefully) and I didn't want to go too verizon or at&t because there plans are rediculous and no unlimited !! Good luck on your quest for an iPad and by the way get either 32 or 64 the extra space is worth it . :cool:

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't have bad eyesight I actually have perfect vision...I just don't see a difference I have the 4S and the iPad 2 and I listen to people say they prefer to read on the phone because of the retina. I'm just saying to me it doesn't make a difference and I can't justify the expense. I enjoy my iPad 2 all I do is read, surf the web, and play a few games. For me I wouldn't do it.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
With the price drop on the iPad 2 there is no reason to get an iPad 1st edition unless you can get one for like $200 or less. There is enough difference in the iPad 2 to make it worthwhile for the $300 base price.

rmm41486

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm in this same boat, I'm trying to decide between getting a 32 GB iPad 2 or a 16 GB New iPad, not really sure which to go with. Any help?????

P.S. I don't plan on putting any videos or music on the iPad

Thanks everybody

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If you're not doing music, video or you're not a photo editor or anything like that.. than certainly get the deal on the iPad 2

rmm41486

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If you're not doing music, video or you're not a photo editor or anything like that.. than certainly get the deal on the iPad 2

Either one of them is a deal since I'm getting either one for free with Viggle Points, Shopkick and reward zone certificates at best buy, Just not sure which to get

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Either one of them is a deal since I'm getting either one for free with Viggle Points, Shopkick and reward zone certificates at best buy, Just not sure which to get

You have answered your own question then.. if price is not he issue, there is no reason not to get the best one for your money. The iPad 2 is much nicer than the iPad 1 and if you're using points get the 2, as you won't be regretting your choice later. If you were thinking about an iPad 1 save your points and get one on CL for under $200.

rmm41486

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You have answered your own question then.. if price is not he issue, there is no reason not to get the best one for your money. The iPad 2 is much nicer than the iPad 1 and if you're using points get the 2, as you won't be regretting your choice later. If you were thinking about an iPad 1 save your points and get one on CL for under $200.

But I'm not debating between the first and second generation iPad's. I'm trying to decide between the brand new iPad third generation 16 GB or the iPad 2 32 gb

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I'm in this same boat, I'm trying to decide between getting a 32 GB iPad 2 or a 16 GB New iPad, not really sure which to go with. Any help?????

P.S. I don't plan on putting any videos or music on the iPad

Thanks everybody

The iPad 3. If you're not using up much memory then go for it. You're gonna have better resale value on a 3 over a 2 despite the gigabyte difference.

rmm41486

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The iPad 3. If you're not using up much memory then go for it. You're gonna have better resale value on a 3 over a 2 despite the gigabyte difference.

How much memory are the retina apps taking up? I'm hoping a 16GB will be big enough I don't wanna have to go up another $100 bucks especially with our first child due next month

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have around 150 songs, 90 pics, 60 apps, and still have 8.3 GB available. All depends on games and stuff games can take a lot of space. I run like 5 games and delete ones I don't play anymore.

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I had to upgrade from my 16GB iPad 1st gen simply because the apps got so much bigger and I ran out of space. I had no video, photos or music on the iPad, but did have about a dozen games.

I think 16GB is way to limiting especially with retina apps. It will just get worse as you buy more apps or they get bigger.

HappyPelican

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I went from a 16gb first generation to 32gb new iPad and the difference is off the charts! I know I'm repeating what many earlier members have said but, if you can swing it, go for at least the 32gb new iPad. However, since you can pick up a 32gb iPad 2 for such a great price, I wouldn't hesitate to jump on that deal while it's available.

Good luck with your purchase and enjoy!:)