Verizon 4Gvs. 3G

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
loving my new iPad, except for one thing. As of this weekend, Verizon LTE is not working, despite showing 4-5 bars. however, when I disable LTE, the 3G connection seems perfectly fine.

Yes, I am in an LTE area.

LTE was fine all week; has been a problem only since the weekend. March Madness? Too many new iPads? one thing for sure.... not a great incentive to upgrade iPhone to LTE when it comes out (in the fall)...

what experiences are others having?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Verizon has had LTE outages in the past few months. But that should not effect 3G as it's a different network.

Have you tried resetting your iPad and connecting again?

appliancemedic

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Also I found out that Verzion has there LTE network in two parts the prepaid and postpaid if you did the prepaid it may show a good signal but it will not work. That why I had to switch to post paid.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Also I found out that Verzion has there LTE network in two parts the prepaid and postpaid if you did the prepaid it may show a good signal but it will not work. That why I had to switch to post paid.

Shouldn't be a difference there. Postpaid just allows data roaming in extended areas off of other carriers, usually the smaller rural ones.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I was told by a Vzn rep who is a personal friend to go post paid due to a bigger and better footprint

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
My Verizon guy said there was no difference. Can someone post some sources that I could give/show him and my employer? Would love to switch the post paid instead of prepaid if there is indeed a benefit.

On my old AT&T iPad prepaid, I was able to login to account and view data left for the month. Really miss this. Verizon business account won't let me.

Thanks, Cody

appliancemedic

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Here what I can tell you in Xenia Ohio with a new iPad at the Verzion store on prepaid no LTE but the thunderbolt had LTE postpaid. I then had the new iPad switch to postpaid it then had LTE .
Second you are right about not being able to check your data use on postpaid it does not work like prepaid. You have to use the myverizon app. Now as far as AT&T goes they do not divide there network it is the same prepaid or postpaid

Cedelchef

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
So how do you sign up for post paid vs. pre paid? I am getting ready to purchase and after reading this I know I want post paid, how can I assure that? Does who you order from matter? Apple vs. Verizon, does that have anything to do with it? Please explain to a newbie. Thank you.

coolqf

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon guy said there was no difference. Can someone post some sources that I could give/show him and my employer? Would love to switch the post paid instead of prepaid if there is indeed a benefit.

On my old AT&T iPad prepaid, I was able to login to account and view data left for the month. Really miss this. Verizon business account won't let me.

Thanks, Cody

You can also download an app that tracks how much data you have used and have it give you warnings as soon as you hit certain thresholds.

Sent from my Photon

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4