So anyone with a 32gb thinking they should've gone 64gb instead?

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Seeing the size of some of these apps and watching my storage space go down has got me thinking. Especially as more apps get updated in the future, room will get even tighter.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Around 15gb left. That's with some select apps, a handful of games, and 3 movies loaded. Still got room, just thinking ahead, as I'd probably want to put a little more media on there for when I travel.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Since I use my iPhone as iPod, I don't have 20 GB of music to load. That is a 64 GB. My iPad is 32 and suits me just fine.

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
I'm fine with my 32GB, with most of my music in the cloud and videos able to easily be added and removed, I have plenty of space left for actual apps and such.

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Got 64g. For the reason that I am departing from PCs forever!!! I have no need to use one anymore and anything I would of needed one for I can use the iPad for. I figured 64 because of the movies and photos I would keep stored. The only regret I have is...get the ATT version. Wish I had just paid for wifi. Doubt I'll ever us the LTE. I have an iPhone for the desperate times in need of internet. No regrets on 64 though. Probably could of bout the 32 iphone instead of 64 though.

acecommander

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
When I went to purchase my Ipad, there were no 32G in stock, so I bit the bullet and got a 64G Wifi. Glad I did because right now I've got only 33g available.

Won't have to shuffle apps, movies, etc back and forth between Itunes to now.:D

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
At first I did, however, after loading up all my apps on the 32GB iPad, it shows that I still have 26.4GB left. No worries or regrets for me now.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

diegodora

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I went with 64GB for the 3rd year in a row but I'm lamenting that I didn't go 128GB.:D

Seriously, I use handbrake (ipad preset) to convert .mkv's and now that I'm converting to 1080p instead of 720p the filesizes are about twice as large as before. Most films are approx. 4GB each now.

Last edited:

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have just over 8gb of music (about 50 or so CDs) and still have 16gb left over all. I doubt I'll be loading any movies. I'll just use Netflix for that and with Pandora I doubt I'll load too much more music. I will be loading a bucket load of pictures over time, but that'll take a hella lot of pics to use that up. My iPad Classic had 64gb, but I still had about 45 gb when I sold it.

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
After loading up my apps and all of my photos, my 32gb was almost used up, so I swapped for a 64gb. Of course, I don't have to keep all of those photos on my iPad, but I like having them there with iPhoto now available, and spending $100 to double the storage is worth it for me. I plan on loading up some HD content, too.

Nchaka

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I also got the 64gb wifi one because Best Buy was out of everything else. With my usage, I good probably get away with a 16gb. But I may trade it in for a 32gb and make sure I have extra room in cause I need it. and save a couple of $ for accessories.

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I actually traded in my 32GB for a 64GB today, and I'm insanely happy I did. It probably helps that it's my first 64GB iPad, so I'm a little ecstatic about all the room.

I only installed about half of the apps that I wanted on the 32GB and I knew it wasn't going to be enough room. With the 64GB, I still have 42GB left, and that's after installing ALL the apps I wanted, plus a crap ton more!

So happy I went with the 64GB. :D

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a 64 and love the space I had only a 16 before and realized real quick how fast it fills up .. I would def love to go pc free but I would need atleast 250 to do that but 64 is def worth it and I really don't ever have to worry about space

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Only use the hard drive for what you absolutely need, and use cloud storage for everything else. I keep a 'desert island' set of songs and just stream everything else, stream movies/use netflix, upload any photos/videos I take and delete them off my iPad periodically.

Kind of annoying at first, but you never have to worry about losing your data

Chop

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Not at all... I'm not a gamer (aside from little stuff like Draw Something or Words With Friends), only keep movies on there for flights, and music is rarely kept on it. (utilize iTunes Match this year, comparing to AudioGalaxy)

32GB has proven to be MORE than enough, once I got out of trying to fill it with my 10 favorite movies or so, and EVERY app I've ever purchased.

ambon21#IM

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Thought about it but decided to use the extra money for insurance and cases! Still heavily Relying on my pc, 16GB playbook thats barely half full, 16gb sd card on my phone with all my music in it along with icloud n dropbox its definetly gonna take a looooong time to fill up the 20+ more GB i still have left on my ipad

Reactions: EdwinG

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR