iPad in the classroom instead of books a good idea?

drethos

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
In theory yes, practicality no. The ipad and tablets in general are a big ticket item that is easily and commonly stolen. But on the theoretical side the books will remain in 100% brand new condition, cheaper in the long run, gives a multi use tool (calc, ebook, homework, internet), no more sick days with camera and email, better for the environment; no needing to reprint new books, no pencils needed, time saved in not passing out work that is better used teaching, copiers will not be used as heavily saving on electricity and more paper, no strange spoot between pages, and pays for it's self over time.
On the other hand initial expenses are high, people will steal from the school and resell it, privacy issues (see school uses webcam on laptop to spy on student), if required for parents to supply the inability of some parents to afford it and those students stealing from others, students dicking off when they should be learning, insert other issues here.
In my opinion we wont see it at the public school level on the east coast of the u.s. atleast. i would like to see it i hate outdated history books the end with the gulf war 1. But in the world we live in and the economy and how screwed up the schooling system i dont think so.

trevorjd14

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
There are some interesting things with this happening around me right now. The college that I graduated from is going 1:1 iPad next year, and are really trying to utilize the iBooks publisher. My high school, where I coach basketball was considering this, but has since decided to go 1:1 MacBook Air... Which I am really excited about, I haven't much in terms of Air 1:1.... An exciting time. The public high shool in town is 1:1 with ThinkPads...is it really a decision which school to go to?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro