A funny thing happened at the Verizon store today...

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I finally broke down and went in to get the iPad 3. After spending several days weighing the pros and cons to upgrading I decided to go for it. While at the Verizon store,I picked up both the black and white iPad 3's. The black one was pretty warm while the white one was OK. I was there over the weekend and had tested both of them and both were OK then. I pointed it out to the sales person and she told me it was warm because they leave them on and plugged in all the time. Yeah... Right... I tried to convince her it wasn't normal but I think she must have been concerned I would leave without buying if it was defective. I hope the bloody thing doesn't blow up.
Then a half hour ago on the CBS national news, they did a report on there being some customer complaints on some of the new iPads over heating. Here we go boys and girls..... let the controversy begin...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The controversy has begun and the reported official response by Apple doesn't help matters.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

SwsFoe

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to four days ago...?
But seriously I've been using my iPad constantly since Friday and I've noticed it gets warm but nothing that is concerning. It sounds like it is only a few isolated cases where the iPad actually overheats.

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
mine does get a bit warm when i play ME infiltrator... thats about it... i mean I notice that only because my ipad 2 never used to get warm but my ipad is inside the leather case and its a very minor thing not even an issue so... i'm pretty much happy with this tablet. thats the quad core graphics chip gets warm i'm sure of it.. just like any other graphics chip.... nothing to worry about.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
here's Apple's response....

...The new iPad delivers a stunning Retina display, A5X chip, support for 4G LTE plus 10 hours of battery life, all while operating well within our thermal specifications. If customers have any concerns they should contact AppleCare. ....

Okee Dokee.....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
here's Apple's response....

...The new iPad delivers a stunning Retina display, A5X chip, support for 4G LTE plus 10 hours of battery life, all while operating well within our thermal specifications. If customers have any concerns they should contact AppleCare. ....

Okee Dokee.....

That's like saying, 'What the heck do you expect? We gave you a retina display (heat), an A5X chip (more heat), 4G LTE (heat) and 10 hours of battery life.' The heat was acceptable in our tests and that should give you comfort, but if you must complain, then do so via Apple Care and not via the press and blogs, you friggin' ingrates. ;). Of course, this is *my* interpretation of the response by Apple.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Makes sense.... until one of them has an accident causing an injury. So far with my level of usage, I've had no heat increase what so ever. But then again the most graphically challenging game I play is Angry Birds!!! :D

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Makes sense.... until one of them has an accident causing an injury. So far with my level of usage, I've had no heat increase what so ever. But then again the most graphically challenging game I play is Angry Birds!!! :D

Apple did address the fact that if a person feels that their new iPad is too warm they can bring it in and have it looked at. I'm sure Apple would replace it if they thought it was warm enough to cause a burn or worse.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR