I'm planning on upgrading to the iPad 3. Can my apps and data be transferred such as several notes files or game data? I'm sure the apps can be through iTunes, but I'm also concerned about the data itself. Thanks...
    03-20-2012 12:58 PM
    I'm planning on upgrading to the iPad 3. Can my apps and data be transferred such as several notes files or game data? I'm sure the apps can be through iTunes, but I'm also concerned about the data itself. Thanks...
    If you are using a backup file via iCloud or iTunes yes. As long as your remember to backup before restoring the new iPad.
    03-20-2012 01:03 PM
    They will if you simply restore the new one from your last backup of the old one.
    03-20-2012 01:03 PM
    Yep... what they (^^^) said...
    03-20-2012 01:21 PM
    Thanks... Just did an iTunes backup and will be heading down to Verizon for a 32Gb WiFi/4G iPad 3 (or 2s)...
    03-20-2012 01:45 PM
    Thanks... Just did an iTunes backup and will be heading down to Verizon for a 32Gb WiFi/4G iPad 3 (or 2s)...
    When you get back home plug your new iPad into iTunes and it will walk you through setup including the option to restore your last backup to the new iPad -- which when it is done will basically recreate your old iPad on the new iPad, including apps, icon placement, data, etc. Pretty easy...
    03-20-2012 01:51 PM
    If you are using a backup file via iCloud or iTunes yes. As long as your remember to backup before restoring the new iPad.
    If you are using itunes or icloud for your iPad backup then be careful as you may also face a situation of data loss. (iOS: Troubleshooting backup issues in iTunes).
    To avoid any such situation you can use a professional third party tool to backup your iPad data safely and easily.
    Source: http://ipad2tocomputertransfer.com
    08-14-2012 03:43 AM
    When you purchase an iPad, can the apps be transferred from an iPhone?
    08-23-2012 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD