Music disappeared

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
My iTunes Match music that I had downloaded onto my iPad New just disappeared between yesterday and today. No one seems to know why. I can redownload the songs, but I need to know what happened so that I can be secure that it won't happen, again.

The Apple CSR had nothing fo me (but attitude, to my surprise).

Thoughts or suggestions?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Same thing happened to me from music I redownloaded from iTunes onto new iPad. Don't know what happened.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I'm surprised by the lack of posts around here - not just in this thread but in the iPad 3 forum, in general. Last I checked was a day (doubting there's been in a boom in that time).

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
It just happened, again. I played some music, last night. Today, I tried and there wasn't a single song on the device.

I'm on the phone with a much more courteous and helpful Apple support associate. I'm beginning to suspect Match.

kcazzie

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Missing Music - ALSO

Same here, music missing... I was working on iTunes Match and when finished noticed my 'music' was gone !! ...

Mod, how did you re-download your music... My music was a little of everything, stuff bought and some old stuff...??,,, Thanks

It looks like to me 'iTunes Match' has a problem... Now it's closed, they say it's from demand...Which doesn't make sense... Why now...??...

kcazzie,,,

EDIT; Found music by playing around with the 'search' thing in music (bottom right in music)...Started putting in names of CDs and artists and my music showed up...

Last edited:

Erubin1

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Had same problem resolved

Had same problem, took time with rep ended up having to do back up and restore through iTunes synch. Yes it is a pain but it solved all problems

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Had same problem, took time with rep ended up having to do back up and restore through iTunes synch. Yes it is a pain but it solved all problems

You backed it up, wiped it, then restored it from the of backup and that fixed it? Hm. How long has it been since your music was wiped?

Out of curiosity, we're you using iTunes Match? What device/model iOS device was this?

Thanks so much for responding. No one at Apple has known what the heck I was talking about.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It happened to me when I was watching some TV shows on my iPad. They were set as movies, I didn't like that, so I changed it to TV shows and they just disappeared. So I went to the great Google for help to see if this happened to people as well. It did, found out you have to use spotlight on your phone to check it out. I searched for an episode name, and It was on my iPad. So I was like why isn't it showing up on my iPad. So I click on the episode, and it DOESN'T PLAY! So I changed it back to a movie and it worked. So weird. I didn't like that.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
FYI, when I exchanged my iPad for a different unit, the problem never resurfaced. I still use iTunes match and am again jailbroken.