iPad not connecting to Verizon LTE

Got the Shakes

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I purchased my first iPad on Friday. I decided to go with a Verizon 4g model. I haven't purchased a data plan yet since I haven't needed data access outside of my house, but I have a question. When I'm at my house, an address that Verizon's website says is in LTE coverage, why does my iPad say it's connected to Verizon 3g and not LTE? Is it because I haven't paid for data and it won't try and find an LTE signal until I do? I have checked, and LTE is enabled in the settings menu. Any help you guys can provide would be great. I just wanted to make sure that nothing is wrong with my iPad.

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine acts the same, as does another friend's iPad 3, so unless all of them are defective, that seems to be the case, no LTE until you sign up.

XenIneX

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
The iPad doesn't get the information necessary to connect to anything until after you've activated service. After you've activated, it'll prompt you to reset the subscriber services (Settings -> General -> Reset -> Subscriber Services -> Reprovision Account). When you do that, it'll get the appropriate provisioning information, and LTE will work (if you're in an area where it's been lit up).

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro