The new IPad Battery

paulherman

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Question...

I have the new IPad (IPad 3) and everything everyone said it would be is true, screen, 4G (Verizon) and so on. I have set my new IPad up basically how the IPad 2 was, cellular on all the time with the WIFI, this way no matter where I am everything just works. I used the 4G for a short period of time and my battery drained 50% within an hour and a half. So, I am on 3G only, all the time. Now I see my battery running down roughly 20% per hour, again, without the 4G running. I streamed TuneIn Radio for about an hour yesterday, the IPad got really REALLY warm and used up 50% of the battery, within 40 minutes. This was over 3G since I was driving during the streaming. This is something I did all the time with the IPad 2.

My question that I hope I can get help for is, could there be another setting running something in the background? Could it be something else? Or is it possible I have a defective device? Any help would be great! This is the Verizon 4G version with 64GB of storage.

Thank You,

Paul

takata

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps you could just try doing a clean restore and testing it for a couple of days and see if the issue is software-induced. The fact that you noticed the device warm up significantly probably implies that there were some malfunctioning program doing some work in the background continuously.

Try and see if a clean restore isolates this.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
The 'really warm' is a warning sign. I've heard some new iPads run so hot as they are difficult to hold. This is, to me, indication of a defect.

My new iPad's battery is at least as long lasting as the 2. I ran my to 0% as a battery conditioning exercise and it took all day at constant use. That is, I'd run TunedIn Radio or Pandora in the b/g and Kindle reader in the f/g and still it took many hours to run to 0.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73