I have the Marware CEO case and the sleep function is not working when you close the cover. I read elsewise that folks are having this problem with 3rd party cases and something about the magnets in the iPad are moved. The apple smart cover still works except for older models.

Anyone know anything about this.
    03-17-2012 07:38 PM
    I have the Marware CEO case and the sleep function is not working when you close the cover. I read elsewise that folks are having this problem with 3rd party cases and something about the magnets in the iPad are moved. The apple smart cover still works except for older models.

Anyone know anything about this.
    All over the Internet that the magnets are not strong enough on most 3rd party cases.
    03-17-2012 07:56 PM
    Thanks I've been reading them. Wonder how Marware will handle this, they sold it as an Ipad 3 case.
    03-18-2012 04:06 PM
    Is it working flaky, or not working at all?

There is a switch in the settings for turning the magnetic lock on & off.
    03-18-2012 04:11 PM
    I had the Bellini case for the iPad 3 and the magnet works just fine
    03-18-2012 04:16 PM
    It doesn't work at all. The things I've read suggest that the magnets have to be stronger, something to do with the new display they are saying. I've noticed a few of the cases on Amazon have their discriptions say sleep function only for the iPad 2.

It seems to affect many different 3rd party cases. I will hear from Marware tomorrow I suspect, they are pretty good at getting back to you first business day.
    03-18-2012 07:11 PM
    03-18-2012 07:25 PM
    I've tried two cases one of which is specific to the 3. Neither case puts my 3 to sleep. Yes, my setting is set properly. It's the case's fault. I may hit the Apple store later today to ask them what cases they've experienced which work.
    03-20-2012 11:21 AM
    I've tried two cases one of which is specific to the 3. Neither case puts my 3 to sleep. Yes, my setting is set properly. It's the case's fault. I may hit the Apple store later today to ask them what cases they've experienced which work.
    A simple check is to turn over the cover so the outer side of the front cover covers the spot on the iPad and see if the sleep works. See the video in the blog I referenced above for more details.
    slide likes this.
    03-20-2012 06:03 PM
    Thanks, Jimpilot.
    03-20-2012 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD