App resolution problems?

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just curious: is anyone having any issues with iPad apps not working on the new iPad? We have the "Friskies" cat games on our iPad (Jitterbug and Call-a-cat) and both apps are blown up to an unusally large size; only about 1/4 of the app is visible.

Any other apps doing this?

Am I doing something wrong?? Our kids (cats) wanna play with the new iPad too!

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Some apps. If the apps were not optimized they won't look good. Kind of like running iPhone apps on iPad.

Oh it's not that they just don't look good, it's unuseable. Only 1/4 of the app is visible...more Like running a iPad app on an iPhone!!

This is a screen shot on the new iPad :
7c3ca2a0.jpg

It's not scrollable or able to go into landscape....

This is a screenshot from the iPad 2 (and how it's supposed to look)
fa5c1b8b.jpg

Last edited:

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
The only app I've run into with a problem is The Oregon Trail: American Settler. It loads as 1/4 of the size, pretty much the opposite of the Friskies game. The weird thing is, the touch points on the iPad screen where you would touch IF the app was filling the whole screen are correct. That's to say, you can't touch the miniaturized app and it works. You have to touch where it SHOULD be. Weird. Hopefully will be fixed soon, I really enjoy that time waster.

Edit: Not sure why the picture flipped itself but you get the idea

BrennB

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't get Drop7 to load even though it works fine on original iPad and my iPhone 4s
Just sets at startup for a short bit then closes out to homepage

mikos

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
A few more...

Adobe Reader and Upad Lite both have strange "blocking" issues where the screen splits the image up into blocks with space in between. Adobe Reader even has the issue when it shows their own "getting started" PDF. iBooks can display PDFs just fine so it is the app.

Given that this is across several apps now, I think it's more widespread that not. Why wouldn't apple get more developers in line to make the changes to the apps prior to launch. These errors make the apps useless. Great way to piss off the developers.

(I took a screen shot on my iPad but can't upload it directly)

Last edited:

frodo

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Documents To Go

Documents To Go also has problems with PDF, but GoodReader and Quick Office Pro are OK with PDF

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Some apps. If the apps were not optimized they won't look good. Kind of like running iPhone apps on iPad.

I have several iPhone/universal apps that look better on the new iPad than they ever did on my iPad-1. Those that had the 1x/2x option look much better on the new iPad on 2x than the iPad1.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2