I've just upgraded to the iPad 3 and love it. However, an app I've had for a long time is not functioning. It is "Documents to Go" Premium edition. I can't seem to get any help from their support.

I was wondering: what Documents app is best for Word, Excel etc?

I'd really love it to be able to handle password encryption as Docs to Go does.

Any suggestions?
    03-16-2012 02:19 PM
    I also have been using Documents To Go for years. I love their sync companion apps on PC and Mac (multiple directories sync in a single operation).

Haven't had time to thoroughly test it but I immediately noticed that it has serious problems with PDF files. I keep lots of sensitive customer files in AES 256 bit encrypted PDF format. I am now unable to properly zoom in with these PDF.

Quick Office Pro (and GoodReader) works fine with such files.

Very strange that Adobe didn't also get out a new build of its' own Acrobat Reader in time for the new iPad release...
    03-18-2012 02:01 PM
    I am using docs2go and have no problem with PDF or any documents for that matter.

I also use goodreader which seems to do better with those large (100mb or larger) PDFs

I use docs to go more with the excel files I use.
    03-18-2012 05:08 PM
    I use quick office and love it's access to my docs in Dropbox, box.net , Evernote and google docs.
    03-19-2012 03:14 PM
    Documents to Go has acknowledged problems with the new iPad and is working to correct them.

Adobe has released an update yesterday for its' Acrobat Reader.
    03-21-2012 06:04 PM
    I stopped using Docs to Go not just because of the high price - they don't sync with DropBox or Box.net and rarely update. Office2 has been my favorite. Their only drawback is no docx support - yet. They are working on it.
    03-27-2012 11:27 AM
    I am very happy with Quickoffice Pro. It offers a lot of customization it has dropbox access and it can manage PDF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    03-27-2012 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD