I'm in the Miami area and wondering if I can still buy the new iPad today, or are all the stores sold out by now?
    03-16-2012 11:20 AM
    Go to your nearest Apple store and get in line ASAP. There may still be hope!
    03-16-2012 11:21 AM
    Go to your nearest Apple store and get in line ASAP. There may still be hope!
    Plenty of stock and doesn't look like demand is near what was expected. These may be pretty easy to get as opposed to the last few releases.
    03-16-2012 12:42 PM
    Just ordered from B&H. All models were in stock. Free shipping and no tax in PA
    03-16-2012 12:51 PM
    I just got a BBM from a buddy visiting Miami right now who was wondering the same thing. He wants in store pickup today though. Doesn't want to ship. Thoughts?
    03-16-2012 01:10 PM
    I just got a BBM from a buddy visiting Miami right now who was wondering the same thing. He wants in store pickup today though. Doesn't want to ship. Thoughts?
    Go to Wally world/Best Buy/Target.
    03-16-2012 01:13 PM
    since apple thinks (and rightly so) based on previous iPad launches that demand is (apparently not based on other threads) going to be tight, it will be a while before you can reserve for pick up on the online store, personal pick up from the app or the store.
    03-16-2012 01:15 PM
    You can get the New iPad just about anywhere.
    Target, RadioShack, Micro Center, Sears and Just about anywhere.

So I'm guessing people who was planning on selling their iPads on eBay and Craigslist to make that quick buck. Are not going to be happy at all.
    03-16-2012 03:10 PM
    So I'm guessing people who was planning on selling their iPads on eBay and Craigslist to make that quick buck. Are not going to be happy at all.
    Makes me a little happier just thinking about these a-holes aren't going to be able to screw anyone over.
    03-16-2012 03:45 PM
    Yeah - I was just up at Best Buy in Oklahoma City (Quail Springs) to get a case for my new iPad and the new AppleTV - they said they have 10 of each model left.
    03-16-2012 06:01 PM

i just saw a 2 on CL in my area for 550 used,,, thinking of sending him an email and getting it for 300 or go to bb and buy one for a little more
    03-16-2012 06:10 PM
    I was just at a BestBuy (different store than the one I drove past this morning with 7-8 people in line about 45 mins prior to opening)... for a completely different matter... but wandered back to the computer department and they had a lot of multiple models (didn't check them all) in the display case... sales lady said that they had about 5 people in line when then opened... not a lot of demand at that store...
    03-16-2012 06:18 PM
    Plenty of stock and doesn't look like demand is near what was expected. These may be pretty easy to get as opposed to the last few releases.
    I think a lot of people preordered and they had enough to accommodate most people.
    03-16-2012 06:27 PM
    I just returned from the Apple store @ Santa Rosa Plaza and they still have a bunch. I didn't need to buy one, though, because my new white iPad arrived today! My boss surprised me. I had to go to the mall for a pink SmartCover.
    03-16-2012 08:13 PM
    I've been contemplating all day on whether or not to attempt to go to the Apple store and pick one up. Just might have to take a trip up there tomorrow and upgrade from my iPad 1. Hopefully here in Indianapolis will be like other stores and have some left in stock.
    03-16-2012 09:11 PM
    I've been contemplating all day on whether or not to attempt to go to the Apple store and pick one up. Just might have to take a trip up there tomorrow and upgrade from my iPad 1. Hopefully here in Indianapolis will be like other stores and have some left in stock.
    Seriously, try Best Buy and WalMart first. Not sure where you live in Indy, but there's only one Apple store there, so look around and save the drive to the north side.
    Munky#AC likes this.
    03-16-2012 09:58 PM
    Seriously, try Best Buy and WalMart first. Not sure where you live in Indy, but there's only one Apple store there, so look around and save the drive to the north side.
    I'll check them as well but honestly I have never had a good experience buying Apple products from Best Buy, and never had a good experience with WalMart on anything but gun ammo. Plus I'm 10 minutes from the Apple Store so the drive isn't a problem. Thanks for the advice, though!! Much appreciated.
    03-17-2012 09:07 AM
    I'll check them as well but honestly I have never had a good experience buying Apple products from Best Buy, and never had a good experience with WalMart on anything but gun ammo. Plus I'm 10 minutes from the Apple Store so the drive isn't a problem. Thanks for the advice, though!! Much appreciated.
    Understood... and with only one Apple store in a metro area of about 800,000 people, the odds were against you being that close. I tried.
    03-17-2012 10:50 AM

Checked Craigslist this morning and noticed some iPads going for $200 more than retail stores.
    03-17-2012 11:03 AM
    Checked Craigslist this morning and noticed some iPads going for $200 more than retail stores.
    You have to define "going". There's a huge difference between asking price and actually cash changing hands.
    03-17-2012 12:44 PM
    went to a best buy this morning... they had lots left... although i did pick up the last black 64GB 4G at&t one they had this am...
    03-17-2012 02:32 PM
    OR, Apple produced a lot more than the previous years so that everyone can get their hands on one.
    03-17-2012 03:22 PM
    And here in my neck of the woods, just about every place around me (wally, Target, Radio, etc) have plently of the WiFi only versions. NONE have any LTE models at all.
    lv1 likes this.
    03-17-2012 03:24 PM
    OR, Apple produced a lot more than the previous years so that everyone can get their hands on one.
    I went to Best Buy again this morning looking for a new Apple TV... they were sold out in the Phoenix metro area... they still have a few iPads (about 15 left at the Arrowhead store)...

While the new iPad didn't bring the long lines many places, it IS selling well at least around here... I'm chalking it up to a combination of Apple doing a better job of getting their website ready for pre-orders, many more outlets stocked up and ready to go on launch day... and perhaps a bit less of a demand... but don't worry, Apple more than covered its "nut" on this one...
    03-17-2012 04:44 PM
    If you"re looking for 4G version, try the corporate stores for VZW/ at&t. I pre-ordered at&t version from Apple, then thought better of it after several at&t "no service" experiences in my own city. Walked into a VZW store at noon on Friday and got 4G 32GB black model. Only one other customer picking up iPad while I was there. They did not have huge stock (started the day w/ 5, they said) - but they were bartering with other locations to get devices to buyers, wherever the buyers were. Returned at&t model to Apple store today. LOVE the Apple store & customer service, but have to give HUGE props to my local VZW corp store - they were amazing.
    03-17-2012 05:49 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD