View Poll Results: Are you happy with your new iPad?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

220 95.65%
  • No!

10 4.35%
    I was showing my wife (an engineer) tonight all the different cloud connections I run now - sugarsync, dropbox, iCloud. Her comment was "why don't you just get a 16GB then as a thin mobile client"? Smart girl!
    So she's one of those people who, when confronted with the "is the glass half full or half empty?" question, correctly answers that the glass is bigger than it needs to be. You're a lucky man.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk
    03-18-2012 07:46 AM
    I'm in love, not only with the screen, but with the black bezel. (Why did I ever get the white iPad 2?) Text is so, so crisp.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk
    03-18-2012 08:13 AM
    Wow 29-1 at this point. The forum members have spoken.
    Absolutely! I don't see how anyone can pick up the new iPad and after spending a few minutes with it, not like it.

Sent from my LTE iPad using Tapatalk HD.
    03-18-2012 07:03 PM
    I'm so glad that I upgraded from the pad 2: the screen is sooo beautiful, and the LTE on AT&T is blazing fast!
    03-18-2012 10:20 PM
    Absolutely adore mine one of my greatest investments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-18-2012 11:25 PM
    Upgraded from 1st generation iPad, so this thing is awesome.
    03-19-2012 06:26 PM
    Upgraded from 1st generation iPad, so this thing is awesome.
    Same here it is a upgrade for sure from the first one.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk
    03-19-2012 06:53 PM
    I skipped the iPad 2 as I did not need the camera and was expecting something better for the upgrade. So I waited and very happy that I did... as the new iPad is a huge upgrade from 1st Generation and even from 2nd. I knew I would not be able to justify a jump from 2nd to 3rd.

Same issue with the iPhone 4s. I have that, and there will have to be something major to make me jump to iPhone 5 as I have zero issues with the iPhone 4s. I would need something very valid to switch.
    03-19-2012 08:31 PM
    I have the iPad 1. It is pretty much unusable. It is too slow I was got frustrated when using it. I would always revert using my iPhone 4 or my iPhone 4S. I never got the iPad 2 because I didn't think that it was fast enough. Now that I have the new iPad, it is freaking amazing. There's almost 0 lag and everything works much faster than the iPad 1. I am VERY happy.

I also finally caved and got a white one. I've always wanted a white iPhone or iPad and now I have one. It is DA BOMB!!!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?a01aob
    03-19-2012 09:38 PM
    Upgraded from the 2 with NO regrets. A few compromises. Charging time is not fun, but what can be expected wit the extra juice this is packing. Thrilled in the end and I love it.
    03-19-2012 09:57 PM
    Ehh... Blown away by the display, big fan of how it's a little more weighted. But, it is yet to beat my JAILBROKEN iPhone 4 in a speed test....
    03-21-2012 10:54 AM
    I exchanged the first iPad that I got for the 64GB model today, and yes, I am very happy with this new iPad as well.

03-26-2012 07:16 PM
    Yes, very happy.... It's my first iPad and I absolutely love it!
    03-28-2012 10:13 AM
    I had the iPad 1 when it first came out and held out to upgrade to the new iPad because of LTE. Obviously this is the precursor for an LTE iPhone (of which I will be getting since my contract will be up when it does come out). I love the new iPad, couldn't be happier!
    03-29-2012 09:11 AM
    I'm new to Apple. The New iPad is my first Apple purchase and I am extremely happy! What I need is Swype. I Love Swype on my mobile. Now I need it on my iPad. How do I download Swype to my iPad?
    04-01-2012 08:38 PM
    Absolutely! I don't see how anyone can pick up the new iPad and after spending a few minutes with it, not like it.

If I remember right, you were against getting one prior to release.
    04-01-2012 08:48 PM
    If I remember right, you were against getting one prior to release.
    I don't recall being "against" getting one. I wanted to wait and see what some of the reviews had to say about it. Also, I really wanted a 7" iPad and not a 9.7", however, when I found out that wasn't going to happen I decided to skip the reviews and pick one up and test it out myself as you had mentioned in this thread. http://forums.imore.com/1856663-post12.html As I sit here typing this reply on my New iPad, I'm glad I decided not to wait.
    04-02-2012 08:57 AM
    Very happy indeed it's my first iPad although I do have an iPod touch as well.Amazing screen resolution very good for viewing my photographs etc.What more can you say?
    Last edited by Mike53; 04-03-2012 at 03:41 AM.
    04-03-2012 03:34 AM
    Loving it! Using it right now for this post. My brother has the iPad 2 and the difference between the screens is amazing. I'd never be able to use an iPad 2 after seeing the retina display on this one.
    04-03-2012 10:45 AM
    No

No reason at all to upgrade from an older iPad.

Apple no longer offers any advantage of non-apple tablets. Usability is fair but nothing great.

If you are shopping for a tablet - then include the New iPad as a consideration, but take a hard look at non-Apple tablets - for the money and usability - there are other options that may suit any individual better.
    04-05-2012 09:16 AM
    I don't recall being "against" getting one. I wanted to wait and see what some of the reviews had to say about it. Also, I really wanted a 7" iPad and not a 9.7", however, when I found out that wasn't going to happen I decided to skip the reviews and pick one up and test it out myself as you had mentioned in this thread. http://forums.imore.com/1856663-post12.html As I sit here typing this reply on my New iPad, I'm glad I decided not to wait.
    Indeed. When the original debuted, I was highly skeptical but decided, by a strange convergence of events, that I'd rather dive in right away and return it, if necessary, than decide I wanted it, once they were to scarce to obtain. I was glad I did then and I'm glad I did this time.

I'm also enjoying comparing the original and the New side-by-side. It's occasionally very instructive.
    Last edited by west3man; 04-05-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    04-05-2012 11:56 AM
    I like my iPad but it seems like its worse with fingerprints than our 1st gen iPad was. Supposedly this is suppose to be fingerprint proof..
    04-05-2012 07:10 PM
    I've read nothing about the current generation being any more fingerprint-resistant than the original.
    04-05-2012 07:26 PM
    I've read nothing about the current generation being any more fingerprint-resistant than the original.
    That's because it is not any more or less prone to fingerprints than the first or second generation iPads. As far as I know the screen is exactly the same.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.
    04-05-2012 09:04 PM
    I've had my new iPad for about a week now, and I must say I am really pleased with it. Aside from the very occasional WiFi glitch. My experience has been relatively problem free. I have played Infinity blade until the batter was almost dead, and did not sense a heating issue, but that could also be due to my hefty Seido Active Case which does an awesome job protecting my new iPad and providing very stable stand modes so I can confidently use my iPad anywhere.
    04-06-2012 09:39 AM
141 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD