New iPad data speed tests - Let's see them!

mrgreencastle

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
JQqum.jpg

Very impressed with the speed of LTE at three bars on the Bell Network in Edmonton AB, Canada. I get about 50mbps down. Have yet to try it with full bar service.

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Good question as I was wondering the same thing myself. AT&T only has HSPA+ here not LTE. Maybe someone that does have an AT&T iPad with LTE service in their area can comment on whether or not it says 4G all the time, or also displays LTE in certain areas as well?

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad using Tapatalk.

If you have LTE in your area, the iPad will say "LTE" instead of 4G. All Apple HSPA+ devices like the iPhone 4S and new iPad will dispaly 4G at all times when you're in a 3G area. It's AT&T's marketing gimmick. So if you have LTE in your area, you'll see "LTE" in place of 3G/4G. If you're suppose to have LTE in your area, I suggest you go to the AT&T store and ask them if they have you provisioned for an LTE data plan.

larman2001

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Not so great on Rogers, at least in this location.

227205585.png

Mind you , that's with only one bar.

I had better in Dollard des Ormeaux yesterday. Around 25 Mb/s Down with two bars.
I'd love to get five bars!

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I know!! I wish I lived up there lol. I live below Conyers. I was just on my way to the Mall of Georgia Apple store to get me a smart cover.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
I stopped doing speed test, it just runs through my limited data cap even faster. Sometimes I even turn LTE off. I forget that I'm on it and click a video, then I start to scream no once I realize I'm on LTE.

GPD1739A

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
27 Down 14 up on VZW LTE in downtown Chicago

My best test so far while "war-speedtesting" for the NW suburbs of Chicago is 34 down/24 up in Barrington for Verizon. (At the intersection of Route 14 and Lake-Cook for those of you that are in the area.)

Home averages around 15 down/10 up for Verizon where AT&T is lucky to be half that.
That's actually faster than my home internet!

GPD1739A

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Now that iPad speeds can far exceed the 20Mbps threshold, I wonder if they'll come out with an update for Speedtest that has a more accurate graphical dial description. :)

emirozmen

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty satisfied considering we don't have LTE or 4G here. This is 3G. I have seen them as high as 20-25 mbps. Will post them later :)

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNDA3LTAwMDIwLmpwZw.jpg

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Most I have hit was 49.13 Down and 26Up which was last week on Rogers. I forgot to take a snap shot. Ill try again next week if I remember ;)