View Poll Results: Are you upgrading from a iPad or iPad 2?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, from a iPad.

22 29.73%
  • Yes, from a iPad 2.

25 33.78%
  • No.

19 25.68%
  • Not sure.

8 10.81%
    Getting an ipad 3 is not a big deal as you have iPad 3 coupons available on the Internet for discounts. You can get discounts when buying this amazing device. With technology and features that you have never found in any of the contemporary devices across the globe, the new ipad 3 will not let you sleep. Its diverse features and look would make you forget all the former tablets and phones.
    07-18-2012 01:52 AM
    I am upgrading my ipad from original because i do lot of reading on my ipad and looking forward to an even better experience............

Thank you
    Bizworldusa
    08-17-2012 07:09 AM
    I am not sure now. I may get myself an iPad mini.
    10-14-2012 11:03 PM
    I have 1st gen iPad. I would suggest maybe waiting to see what iPad "Mini" offers
    10-15-2012 01:00 AM
    My boyfriend has an iPad3 and I like the games, I have few but some latest games like planet Burn Do not support older Ipads. i'm keen to upgrade
    10-17-2012 05:52 AM
    Getting an ipad 3 is not a big deal as you have iPad 3 coupons available on the Internet for discounts. You can get discounts when buying this amazing device. With technology and features that you have never found in any of the contemporary devices across the globe, the new ipad 3 will not let you sleep. Its diverse features and look would make you forget all the former tablets and phones.
    Coupons? The only "coupons" I've seen are the Target and Best Buy gift cards you get after purchasing an iPad.
    10-17-2012 09:14 AM
    Not sure yet. I use an original iPad am pretty happy with it. Although it lacks when entering text real quick and I like the new slim design and the cameras. Will see how much funds I'll have available and if I'm in the mood I'll get one.
    10-17-2012 03:14 PM
    No definitely not ! I bought an iPad 3 on launch with Apple Care. There have been numerous issues with the A5X processor not being able to support the Retina display. The iPad 4 is the product that should have been released as the A6X processor seems to meet the demands of Retina display that the A5X can not. Apple should replace the iPad 3 with the 4 no questions asked. With the iPad 3 Apple released a flawed device. Apple's choice to ignore this issue will alienate and estrange a lot of loyal customers. Apple's customer support has always been the best in the industry. Now that we are in a post-Jobs Era ,it's another matter altogether.
    10-25-2012 11:46 AM
    The simple answer is HELL NO. I just bought an iPad 3 and I do feel slighted by Apple this time around. Others can excuse it away, but since I purchased it a few months ago and based on Apple's very consistent track record of 1 year updates I felt it was a solid move. Had I any indication that an iPad 4 was coming I would have sat on my cash for those 3 months. Now I know my iPad3 isn't going to stop working, but as we say with iPad 1 it did NOT get iOS6 and my concerns are deeped rooted in iPad 3 not getting iOS 7 next fall when the iPad 5 hits in the spring. This makes my iPad 3, 2 Generations old and Apple hates to support old hardware.
    10-26-2012 03:47 PM
    No definitely not ! I bought an iPad 3 on launch with Apple Care. There have been numerous issues with the A5X processor not being able to support the Retina display. The iPad 4 is the product that should have been released as the A6X processor seems to meet the demands of Retina display that the A5X can not. Apple should replace the iPad 3 with the 4 no questions asked. With the iPad 3 Apple released a flawed device. Apple's choice to ignore this issue will alienate and estrange a lot of loyal customers. Apple's customer support has always been the best in the industry. Now that we are in a post-Jobs Era ,it's another matter altogether.
    Yawn. Give. It. A. Rest.

http://forums.imore.com/ipad-3-forum...ml#post1946602

This "one trick pony" is dead... time to stop beating it.
    10-26-2012 03:50 PM
    Apple does support "old" hardware a lot longer than most. Look at the 3GS- it's about 3.25 years old and still got iOS 6. Yes, it isn't get all the features, but it was upgradeable.

Just try getting an updated OS for a 3 year old Android device. It doesn't happen. You're lucky to get 1 OS upgrade for Android devices and many never get updated beyond the OS they shipped with.

Even the iPad 1 got 2 OS upgrades. It shipped with iOS 3.2, and was upgradeable to iOS 4 & 5.

The iPad 2 so far has supported iOS 4, 5, & 6. If its like the first iPad its possible it won't get another one, but not necessarily so.
    10-26-2012 03:58 PM
    Apple does support "old" hardware a lot longer than most. Look at the 3GS- it's about 3.25 years old and still got iOS 6. Yes, it isn't get all the features, but it was upgradeable.

Just try getting an updated OS for a 3 year old Android device. It doesn't happen. You're lucky to get 1 OS upgrade for Android devices and many never get updated beyond the OS they shipped with.

Even the iPad 1 got 2 OS upgrades. It shipped with iOS 3.2, and was upgradeable to iOS 4 & 5.

The iPad 2 so far has supported iOS 4, 5, & 6. If its like the first iPad its possible it won't get another one, but not necessarily so.
    I would imagine that iPad 2 should be along for the ride in iOS upgrades given that its hardware is virtually identical to the new iPad Mini, but who knows how long the "new" iPad Mini will stay "new" ...
    10-26-2012 04:05 PM
    I would imagine that iPad 2 should be along for the ride in iOS upgrades given that its hardware is virtually identical to the new iPad Mini, but who knows how long the "new" iPad Mini will stay "new" ...
    Not sure it matters how long any device says "new", if "new" means "top of the line". If you buy it to use it, and it still works, what's the diff?
    10-26-2012 04:11 PM
    I have the ipad 2 16gb and I keep having to delete apps because of the space
    I am quite a gamer and have a couple of pages of games on my ipad and I also have about 130 songs
    I would love to get an the new ipad 32gb but I don't have enough money.
    Any ideas to get money
    Ps. I am 12 years old

Thanks
    04-19-2013 04:52 PM
    I have a 16 gig iPad 3 with iOS 6.1.3, and I love it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using iMore Forums mobile app
    07-05-2013 04:57 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD