So who's not in a hurry...

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I am getting it because I have the OG iPad and thought that it was not enough to upgrade to the iPad 2. Now it is for me

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I will stop in the store on Friday to take a look at the retina screen and then go from there...literally and figuratively.

rmargol

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
My OG iPad works just fine for me. My only regret is that I spent extra for the 3G model, which I find so slow as to be totally worthless. Have only purchased one month of that truly terrible service, and that was enough. For me, it was $129 wasted.

GinoDotCom

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
I know a lot of folks are chomping at the bit to get their hands on the latest and greatest. but to tell you the truth, I won't feel so anxious until I have a chance to see the new iPad up close and personnal to make sure I'm getting value for the amount of money it'll cost. I currently have the iPad classic, but no 3G/4G and I know I want that much. So here's the deal, the new one will have to be quite noticibly slicker and quicker or I just might hang and get an iPad 2.
Anyone else out there hanging back so they can wait until the fenzy dies down and they can take a more objective look at the new iPad or are waiting to buy-in for some other reason? I'm curious what the thinking about this is out there....
:cool:

If you already have a classic, I wouldn't bother upgrading at all if you're considering to go with brand new iPad2 just to save $100.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Actually I'm open to a used iPad 2. Like I said I want to upgrade to G3 or G4. I want to compare the download speeds between the two newer iPads then will go from there.

williamsbh76

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I kicked it around for several days as to whether or not I would upgrade. I have a 16GB WiFi only iPad2. I am and app junkie so the memory is getting pretty full. I really don't need any type of cell service because I have a Verizon hotspot. I am going to upgrade memory and my justification is that if I am going to spend the money for more memory, why get the same thing I have now? I can get the latest and greatest with more memory (32GB) for $100 more and maybe next year I will skip the upgrade if I am still happy. Of course, knowing me, I will find another reason to upgrade then. :) I did not preorder and there is no Apple store anywhere near here. I am going to roll the dice on Walmart since that is about the only major retailer in the area that will have them on launch day... in theory.

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I doubt I will go for it, may in the future. I have an hp tablet ATM with rooted android that I never seem to touch since I have an iPhone and laptop to do most of my work. If I can find an iPad 2 on Craigslist cheap I may buy it soon but no new one any time soon.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPad2, and won't be upgrading... the retina display would be nice, as would the processor speed and extra RAM... but not for what I use it for... it's just not something I can justify, financially....

{rant}
And now my pet peeve... I wish to God people would stop making up names for Apple's devices. There is NO such thing as an iTouch (it's the iPod Touch) and WTH is an 'iPad classic'? If you have the original iPad, THAT's what it is - the original iPad... not sure Apple even calls it the "iPad 1", but it DEFINITELY IS NOT 'the iPad Classic'. *SMH*
{/rant off}

With you on that. Thanks to the price drop, I opted for the iPad2 last weekend and am happy with it. The Retina display is nice but that, RAM, and 4X graphics aren't enough to justify it. Saved the hundred for gas in the car (GRUMBLE).

GPD1739A

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I'll most likely get the new iPad. I currently have the first iteration of the iPad in 64GB/3G configuration - my main reason for upgrading is the screen.

I saw the iPad 2 when it came out, and it wasn't enough for me to upgrade.

I'll probably get the same model (64GB/4G for AT&T) - I don't necessarily need the 4G because I already have a 4G AT&T mobile hotspot, but it might be worth it down the road at resale time.

Can't wait for the next iPhone either - my current iPhone 4 is working just fine, but it's just about contract time so it's time to upgrade.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
With you on that. Thanks to the price drop, I opted for the iPad2 last weekend and am happy with it. The Retina display is nice but that, RAM, and 4X graphics aren't enough to justify it. Saved the hundred for gas in the car (GRUMBLE).

Yeah, i suppose a device on which the screen is the main deal, double the resolution isn't justifiable. No matter how the device is designed, or what guts it has, the screen is what you look at the whole time and how you interact with it.

You've saved a hundred but your ipad experience isn't nearly as great on a fuzzy screen. It's like going to the eye doctor and spending 399 on a pair of glasses with one frame when another hundred will get you both frames.

RodneyJ725

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I know a lot of folks are chomping at the bit to get their hands on the latest and greatest. but to tell you the truth, I won't feel so anxious until I have a chance to see the new iPad up close and personnal to make sure I'm getting value for the amount of money it'll cost. I currently have the iPad classic, but no 3G/4G and I know I want that much. So here's the deal, the new one will have to be quite noticibly slicker and quicker or I just might hang and get an iPad 2.
Anyone else out there hanging back so they can wait until the fenzy dies down and they can take a more objective look at the new iPad or are waiting to buy-in for some other reason? I'm curious what the thinking about this is out there....
:cool:
I'm in the same boat. I've the iPad "classic" with 32GB wifi+3G. I no longer use the 3G as I decided to use my iPhone 4 as a Wi-fi hotspot when away from home (4GB is far more than I ever use for both devices).

I feel the new iPad is nice, but I am not sure it's for me. I want a lighter device, and the new iPad is heavier than the iPad 2 (surprised me when that was announced). I am considering to just get the iPad 2 16GB WiFi. yes, it's half the storage, but I tend to just use 12GB anyway, and lots of extra junk installed. I tend to sync music only to my iPhone. I tend to just keep magazines like Nat Geo and Once on my iPad. No tv shows or movies (besides, those are now cloud based). and, any app that runs on the new ipad, runs on iPad 2. the processor boost is only for the graphic, otherwise, it's still the same dual-core processor. as I have the ipad classic, I dont miss the 5mp camera. Besides, I have my iPhone for pictures and video capture, and its' much easier to hold than the iPad.

I can use that extra $100 and get that nice new red smart-cover hehehe. I can then see next year the next iPad.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm torn. I didn't pre order and I am not in a huge rush to get one. I want one but just don't know if I need one / can justify it.

I'm going to university in September and I feel my money could be better allocated on that. Also I need to replace my computer so I will be getting a MacBook Pro to replace my iMac when they do a refresh. I just don't know if the iPad fits in my needs currently. Also I was hoping for quad core and well.. Yea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
For those who "hot spot" from your iPhone 4s (or 4) into the iPad classic. How do you do that? It might be a possible answer for me.

TheUI

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I've got to be honest ladies and gents, I think I'll stick with the iPad 2 as awesome as retina is, and use that cash to put towards my first Mac. When does the MBA refresh?

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
The media-fueled hype machine behind Cupertino is amazing. No matter how incremental the improvement, 95% of the reviews of anything Apple does is positive. Siri is was a cool idea that is a total failure in practical implementation, yet you never find anyone willing to just come out and SAY that in the tech media.

As for the "new iPad", it's basically iPhone 4 vs. iPhone 4s all over again. Yes, I get that the screen is a big deal and that retina display (from what I'm told) was a major upgrade to the iPhone. But this is going to create a lot of confusion and fragmentation, which are two things Apple is usually able to avoid. Since the iPad came out, we've been seeing some universal apps, but also a lot of iPad-only apps, which are frequently referred to as "HD". Except that the the new iPad will have a much higher pixel count, so apps that work on that device will be, what, "Angry Birds HD HD"?!

Another problem is what happens with the universal apps. If Apple tries to keep it less confusing by only having one version of these apps, am I going to have to download new versions of iPad 2 apps that are now twice or 3x larger file sizes, with no benefit? Storage on a 16GB iPad, which I assume is the most popular model, gets to be pretty limited if you have even one or two games like Modern Combat, FIFA 12, etc. that take up a gig of space. Heck, a single HD movie can be around 4GB.

If you have an iPad 1, I could see this being a worthwhile upgrade...you've probably had your device for at least a couple of years. But we just got our iPad 2 in November and it's absolutely fine for what it does. The resolution increase is nice, but not necessary, and I hardly even use the cameras on the thing anyway. Apple gets plenty of my money from iPhones, iPods, and app purchases, I don't need to just throw my entire wallet to them.

brijuhaha

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
How long was the iPad 2 take from the launch day to get back in stock last year? I am gonna wait for all the reviews coming in the next few days and decide which iPad to buy.

Thanks

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, i suppose a device on which the screen is the main deal, double the resolution isn't justifiable. No matter how the device is designed, or what guts it has, the screen is what you look at the whole time and how you interact with it.

You've saved a hundred but your ipad experience isn't nearly as great on a fuzzy screen. It's like going to the eye doctor and spending 399 on a pair of glasses with one frame when another hundred will get you both frames.

The original iPad and the iPad 2 are far from "fuzzy screen"s... sure, it's not retina... but way more than adequate.... and not everyone is flush with cash to keep buying new toys...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've got to be honest ladies and gents, I think I'll stick with the iPad 2 as awesome as retina is, and use that cash to put towards my first Mac. When does the MBA refresh?

That's kind of my thinking as well... the new MBAs are rumored to include a 15" model which would be awesome... and dropping $700-800 on a new iPad just doesn't make sense for me.

The rumors are circulating that there will be a MBP/MBA refresh around the middle to end of April. Intel had delayed the launch of the Ivy Bridge processors until at least the middle of April...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
How long was the iPad 2 take from the launch day to get back in stock last year? I am gonna wait for all the reviews coming in the next few days and decide which iPad to buy.

Thanks

It will probably be 6-8 weeks before supply is such that one can walk into a store and just pick one up... I got my iPad2 on launch day, so I can't say for sure when the iPad2 was available in the stores on an every day basis.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen