So who's not in a hurry...

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I know a lot of folks are chomping at the bit to get their hands on the latest and greatest. but to tell you the truth, I won't feel so anxious until I have a chance to see the new iPad up close and personnal to make sure I'm getting value for the amount of money it'll cost. I currently have the iPad classic, but no 3G/4G and I know I want that much. So here's the deal, the new one will have to be quite noticibly slicker and quicker or I just might hang and get an iPad 2.
Anyone else out there hanging back so they can wait until the fenzy dies down and they can take a more objective look at the new iPad or are waiting to buy-in for some other reason? I'm curious what the thinking about this is out there....
:cool:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I know a lot of folks are chomping at the bit to get their hands on the latest and greatest. but to tell you the truth, I won't feel so anxious until I have a chance to see the new iPad up close and personnal to make sure I'm getting value for the amount of money it'll cost. I currently have the iPad classic, but no 3G/4G and I know I want that much. So here's the deal, the new one will have to be quite noticibly slicker and quicker or I just might hang and get an iPad 2.
Anyone else out there hanging back so they can wait until the fenzy dies down and they can take a more objective look at the new iPad or are waiting to buy-in for some other reason? I'm curious what the thinking about this is out there....
:cool:

I have the iPad2, and won't be upgrading... the retina display would be nice, as would the processor speed and extra RAM... but not for what I use it for... it's just not something I can justify, financially....

{rant}
And now my pet peeve... I wish to God people would stop making up names for Apple's devices. There is NO such thing as an iTouch (it's the iPod Touch) and WTH is an 'iPad classic'? If you have the original iPad, THAT's what it is - the original iPad... not sure Apple even calls it the "iPad 1", but it DEFINITELY IS NOT 'the iPad Classic'. *SMH*
{/rant off}

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I want it because of retina.

I'd prefer it now because i'd get more use out of it in case I want something different later..

If i don't like it for some odd reason, i'll simply return it. If i wait to see it in person, i'll be scrambling to find one in stock.

ARossetter

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
{rant}
And now my pet peeve... I wish to God people would stop making up names for Apple's devices. There is NO such thing as an iTouch (it's the iPod Touch) and WTH is an 'iPad classic'? If you have the original iPad, THAT's what it is - the original iPad... not sure Apple even calls it the "iPad 1", but it DEFINITELY IS NOT 'the iPad Classic'. *SMH*
{/rant off}

It's also not called the iPad 3, yet you're posting in this forum. :)

On topic, I'm taking this opportunity to get some of my older family members into the iPad by giving them my iPad 2. Seems as good an excuse as any to get one!

dieselboy28

May 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm definitely beyond excited to get my hands on my new iPad. I preordered and am going to get it the 16th. It definitely makes more sense to get it early, and see if you like it. If not return it or sell it for a profit. Win/Win.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I have to wait until next week. I had an unexpected car repair come through the other day and now I have to wait. I am okay with that. :)

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
It's also not called the iPad 3, yet you're posting in this forum. :)

On topic, I'm taking this opportunity to get some of my older family members into the iPad by giving them my iPad 2
Hi I'm Jason, your long lost cousin from Michigan! I can't think of anything else to bring us closer than giving me your iPad 2. =}

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
{rant}
{/rant off}

Well... the way I see it, I paid for it and will call or name it whatever I like. To me, it is a classic and besides iPad Antique, iPad Original, or iPad 1 just doesn't have the zing of iPad Classic..... No rant about it...

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I'll meander on over to Verizon this weekend and take a look at it and see how much of my hard earned cash I'm willing to part with. In the long run and before this summer I will be upgrading. It's just a matter of what I'm will ing to spend for what I want to do. The iPad 2s is still very much in the running though....

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I preordered the New iPad the day they started taking orders. However, I called Apple and canceled the order the next day. I decided to wait and see what others have to say about it first. After owning the first and second iPad I'm just not so sure that I really want another one. I'm going to wait a bit and see what new Android Tabs are coming out soon. Also, I really would rather have a 7" Tablet instead of a 9.7". There is plenty of time left for me to decide. If I am going to spend over $800. on another Tablet I want to make sure it is one that I will be fully satisfied with.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

LocoStrange

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
This will be my first iPad purchase and I will be waiting until it can be picked up at the store. I'm very busy so the only time I'm free is Friday afternoon where I will pass an apple store on my way to school. Otherwise the other locations are a 30-45 min drive that I cant really do for a few more weeks. And I hate shopping at the retail stores because all the works are busy answering foolish questions to preven me from going in and out

I think my shortest visit to buy something from the retail store is still like 1.5-2 hrs when I already knew what I wanted but no one was free to get it for.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I preordered the New iPad the day they started taking orders. However, I called Apple and canceled the order the next day. I decided to wait and see what others have to say about it first. After owning the first and second iPad I'm just not so sure that I really want another one. I'm going to wait a bit and see what new Android Tabs are coming out soon. Also, I really would rather have a 7" Tablet instead of a 9.7". There is plenty of time left for me to decide. If I am going to spend over $800. on another Tablet I want to make sure it is one that I will be fully satisfied with.

You had 14 days to return from the day you received. No restocking fees from Apple. I don't take word of what other people say. My opinion is the only one that matters to me.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You had 14 days to return from the day you received. No restocking fees from Apple. I don't take word of what other people say. My opinion is the only one that matters to me.

I get what you're saying, Garz. But I am tired of the buy and return cycle. If I was already having second thoughts before it shipped out, I think I made the right decision to wait. Like I said, I'd rather have a 7" screen and I know there are a few good ones coming out soon, including a new 7" iPad in the fall IF the rumors are true. :)

Jamess9046

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I got an iPhone 4S at launch and upgraded from iPad 1 to 2 at Christmas. I just can't justify upgrading already I'm perfectly happy with what I've got. Definately getting the new iPhone though. :)

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I'm not in a hurry is because I don't have the $ to spare right now. Otherwise I'd probably be lined up outside an Apple store on Friday morning waiting to get one.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I also got the iPhone 4s at launch, but I had the original Droid when I did it and was close to commiting cellacide. I've been really happy with the 4s. The iPad Classic has been working well, but I'd really like the 3G/4G capibility when traveling. That's the biggie for me. A little patience and poking around and I'm sure I could easily score a used iPad 2 for a decent price without buying the iPad 2s.

T-Will

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPad 1 and definitely think the "new" iPad is an awesome upgrade (the retina display alone is worth the upgrade), but for me, I don't see a huge advantage (for what I use my iPad for) that requires me to pick one up on the release day. At some point though I'll spring for the 64GB 4G+Wifi.

JF7FSU

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
iPad 2 owner here 32gig wifi jailbroken. I pre ordered the 16gig wifi mainly for the screen and speed. With all the cloud storage I have i dont think I need anything more than 16 since I wont really do too much video or photos. I use my iPhone for that.

Plan: Sell on eBay for $350-400 and upgrade for possibly $100. If I get it and it ain't all that (which I doubt) I will return it.

crateish

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
'iPad Classic' I like that. It's great that all iPads are still relevant.

That being said, The new iPad will be my first. I have two arriving Friday. One for me and one for my wife's birthday. (it's a secret, shh.)

Black, 64GB, WiFi only. 4G is rare and overrated.

reahn

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the iPad2, and won't be upgrading... the retina display would be nice, as would the processor speed and extra RAM... but not for what I use it for... it's just not something I can justify, financially....

{rant}
{/rant off}

that rant was really rude. idgaf what ppl call the idevices. it dosent matter!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?mxi433

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

this...

I'll be sticking with my iPad 2. It's ridiculous to spend $500 for such minimal enhancements.