Is it possible to order the IPad online and pick up at store with the pre-order process. I started pre-ordering and do not see it as an option to deliver to my local apple store..
    03-10-2012 09:44 AM
    Looks like you will have to line up at your local store if you want one on day one.
    03-10-2012 09:45 AM
    Looks like you will have to line up at your local store if you want one on day one.
    Don't need it on day 1. But want to avoid crowds and questionable availability by online order and store pick up. Perhaps I can do after 3/16???
    03-10-2012 10:04 AM
    Perhaps in the future when the deman slows a bit. Who knows how long that could take though. Better off to just order it.
    03-10-2012 10:07 AM
    I heard you can preorder and pick up in store if you go Radio Shack
    03-10-2012 10:37 AM
    Yeah, Radio Shack is offering a pre-order service for in-store pickup, but you have to essentially put down a deposit in the form of buying a $50 gift card that will apply to the purchase in order to place a pre-order. To me, this implies that they aren't guaranteeing that you'll be able to get your iPad on launch day. If they were, why wouldn't they simply have you pay for the whole thing up front, and then pick up in the store?
    03-10-2012 10:54 AM
    Personally I'd avoid Radio Shack...
    03-10-2012 12:16 PM
    Personally I'd avoid Radio Shack...
    Why is that, Jeremy? Did you have a bad experience there or know someone who did?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    03-10-2012 12:18 PM
    I was able to do an order for in-store pick-up through Apple on Launch Day!! Hopefully I can just walk in as soon as they open and pick it up without too much of a hassle from the crowds!

My only concern is that I haven't received any type of confirmation email. I believe I placed the order on Thursday around 10pm (PST). Anyone else placed an order for in-store pickup? Have you received any email confirmation yet?
    03-10-2012 09:00 PM
    I was able to do an order for in-store pick-up through Apple on Launch Day!! Hopefully I can just walk in as soon as they open and pick it up without too much of a hassle from the crowds!

My only concern is that I haven't received any type of confirmation email. I believe I placed the order on Thursday around 10pm (PST). Anyone else placed an order for in-store pickup? Have you received any email confirmation yet?

How did you place the order for in-store pick up? I do not see an option like that when I try to place my online order.
    03-11-2012 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD