iPad 2012 and iPhone 4s

ricenoodle

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
iPad 2012 and Siri

Apple - We believe that technology is at its very best....

I never purchased an ipad, nor ipad2; not because I wasn't interested in the slate product, I waited because I felt that the very best was yet to come, and year by year it happens. The newest ipad comes with 5mp camera and retina display. I'm perfectly fine with a 9 inch slate to watch movies with. And I would love to take advantage of Siri to schedule my appointments for me or find the nearest starbuck.

Its hard not to say that Siri is one of the biggest selling points on the most recent iphone 4s. Siri is a wonderful technology, very close to that of google voice. Want to schedule an appointment reminder? Just ask Siri to do it. Like many apple products, their technology converges itself across each other. The iOS is found on the iphone, ipad, and itouch.

So I ask, why isn't Siri on the ipad? Soon enough it'll be available from hacking teams anyways. Why not just make it available for downloading through the app store for a fee if it truly is a marketing tool. Should Siri be available as an update on the ipad? I'm starting to think apple would not agree. Well, hacking teams, we love you guys and keep up with the hard work.

Last edited:

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Saying that the new iPad doesn't have Siri support is only half true. The device supports Siri-voice-dictation out of the box so you're getting half of Siri's functionality. Once Apple announces that Siri is officially out of beta I would be willing to bet that it will be supported on the "new iPad".

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Apple - We believe that technology is at its very best....

I never purchased an ipad, nor ipad2; not because I wasn't interested in the slate product, I waited because I felt that the very best was yet to come, and year by year it happens. The newest ipad comes with 5mp camera and retina display. I'm perfectly fine with a 9 inch slate to watch movies with. And I would love to take advantage of Siri to schedule my appointments for me or find the nearest starbuck.

Its hard not to say that Siri is one of the biggest selling points on the most recent iphone 4s. Siri is a wonderful technology, very close to that of google voice. Want to schedule an appointment reminder? Just ask Siri to do it. Like many apple products, their technology converges itself across each other. The iOS is found on the iphone, ipad, and itouch.

So I ask, why isn't Siri on the ipad? Soon enough it'll be available from hacking teams anyways. Why not just make it available for downloading through the app store for a fee if it truly is a marketing tool. Should Siri be available as an update on the ipad? I'm starting to think apple would not agree. Well, hacking teams, we love you guys and keep up with the hard work.

Fixed...

Anyway, Rene already posted a rather thorough explanation on the front page of the challenges of bringing Siri to the iPad.

I'm sure it'll eventually make its way onto the iPad, but, you know Apple, they wanna make sure it looks and works well. Which I'm sure is no easy task for a much larger interface.

ricenoodle

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Fixed...

Anyway, Rene already posted a rather thorough explanation on the front page of the challenges of bringing Siri to the iPad.

I'm sure it'll eventually make its way onto the iPad, but, you know Apple, they wanna make sure it looks and works well. Which I'm sure is no easy task for a much larger interface.

Thx Caveman, sry bout the spelling...editing my post, I didn't see the post by Rene, awesome reminder, I'll search for it regarding Siri.

jessicabagwell

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well siri might be or might not be there but hackers are always present to hack the thing and put it in to the device for sure.This is a very good post by you and the existence of siri should be there in the i pad.A good article by you and more can be discussed on Techyv.com which is one of the best IT sites with the experts who are always there to help.

musicfor18

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Actually, Dictation and Siri are distinct features. Of course we don't know for sure, but there's a good chance dictation is using the nuance engine rather than The Siri engine.

Ken_FSU

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Has it been established whether Voice Dictation on the new iPad will be processed locally (like Google voice), or whether it will require a network connection and be processed in the cloud (like the infinitely more frustrating iPhone 4S dictation).

Thanks!

mikos

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Has it been established whether Voice Dictation on the new iPad will be processed locally (like Google voice), or whether it will require a network connection and be processed in the cloud (like the infinitely more frustrating iPhone 4S dictation).

Thanks!

Local would be ideal. I don't know why Siri was built to rely on the cloud so much. Many times I get the "I can't do that right now" for simple things like setting a timer or a reminder. Many of these functions should be done at the device level. Things like "Call my wife", you mean it can't do that locally?

I get where Siri is going. And I guess when Apple said it was in beta, I should believe them. I just find it frustrating that a lot of the marketing behind the phone was built on a beta feature.

Ken_FSU

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I whole heartedly agree. I've all but given up on Siri for many actions. My success rate is about 25% on the first try for most actions, which ruins the experience for me. I think there's a lot of needless wasted time too. For example, when doing an Internet voice search on Android, you say something like "Search for hamburger recipe" and it does the search immediately. With Siri, you say the same thing, but have to sit through all the needless dialogue, first with Siri saying "Would you like to search the web for hamburger recipes," and then Siri again saying, "Ok, searching the web for hamburger recipes." It's only a few extra seconds, but once the novelty wears off, it can be pretty irritating to sit through.

"Beta" is a cop out as far as I'm concerned. Siri is the primary focus of all 4S advertising, from Santa to Rock God, and you sure don't hear the word Beta in the advertising.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2